cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping discounts to buyers has this changed?

I have never offered shipping discounts to buyers. I always keep the ebay discount. but on my last sale the buyer paid the same as my shipping cost. I was puzzled . so this was on calculated shipping. I went to shipping preferences then shipping discount settings. then you can choose ebay discounted rates or standard rates without discounts. surprise to me that the ebay discounted rates was chosen. I never chose that option. how did this get changed? has anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Apparently the eBay gremlins have been at work.  You should be able to click on "Edit" and then just un-select it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thanks i did that to change it. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I was hit with the same issue about 3 weeks ago. I can only assume that eBay did some type of change and caused the issue. Did they know it? Probably not. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Apparently ebay DID KNOW what they were doing, because I just received an email from ebay stating that they were doing this and, if we didn't want them to make this change, we'd have to let them know by May 13 in order to opt out of the change. Since most of what I sell is low dollar stuff and I usually have to pay for boxes, padded envelopes, tape, etc. in order to ship them, I need that difference to help make up those costs. Often my margin is so small that, without that, I'd be "selling" stuff for free. In one or two cases where I received an unexpectedly big discount I have done a partial refund to the customer after the fact and have messaged them to let them know that I have done so and explained why. If your situation is similar, I suggest you take the same steps. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply