cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping

Hello, so I just sold my first item on ebay and my question is do I ship the item to the buyer after I get the payment or ship it now before I get the payment? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure

Thank You

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

shipping

You must ship within your handling time. 

You are allowed to use part of the buyer's payment to purchase the shipping label assuming you buy the label through the order. 

Other funds will be held (although they're yours and in your account) for 30 days. Ebay wants new and returning sellers to prove themselves before releasing funds.

ETA: You aren't clear about "getting payment." 

If the buyer has paid, you've received payment and the order will show as "ship now." 

If the buyer hasn't paid, you don't ship until you get the notice from ebay. 

As for getting release of the funds that were actually paid, that can be 30 days.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

shipping

If the item is in your "Awaiting Shipment" then you ship, funds for label will come out of pending funds. 
If the item is in your "Awaiting Payment" that means the buyer hasn't paid yet, don't ship. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

shipping

When ebay gives you the green light to ship, then I would ship within your handling time. Just in case ebay is holding the release of the funds from hitting your available funds bucket due to being a first time seller, then don't wait until the funds are released to you. That could be a wait time of about 3-4 weeks.

Congratulations on selling your first item!!! Pack the item securely & ship promptly.

🙏😎✌️

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

shipping

The option to pay for the shipping label is located at the BOTTOM of the label page

(scroll down, you can choose paypal or your pending funds)

that way, you do not have to front the money to pay for the label, you can use your funds from the sale....

congrats on your first sale.....

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

shipping

Thank You for the help

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

shipping

Thank You for the help.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

shipping

Thank You for the help..

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

shipping

Thank You for the help!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

shipping

@gizzerd 

You're a new seller.  Your funds will be held to ensure the transaction was successful.  Ship it as soon as you can.  Good customer service includes shipping timely & safely.  

Happy Selling and congrats on your 1st sale.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

shipping

You're welcome! ☺️ 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply