cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so upset and want everyone to be aware ...

I sold an item (japenese porcelain bowls), when the buyer received the item, much to my surprise she filed a claim of Defective (they had 'bruises), and wanted a full refund.  she sent pictures that were my listing pictures and I could tell they were taken from her phone.  I had sent her a message asking what she meant by 'bruised' and she stated there was no more to be said, it is what she observed.  I contacted ebay and they said I had to wait out the 5 day period.  I felt bad (now I feel naïve) and offered her a refund and she refused.  THEN I went onto her ebay store and saw MY pictures listed on her site, with a description that the items were very beautiful and in 'excellent' condition.  I reported her to ebay, and I also put in a report to ask them to take off my pictures.  It looks like she may be doing this to others as well.  its not the point of her reselling an item she bought (3x's more than she paid) but it is the fact she asked me for a full refund that makes me mad (furious).

any advise as to how to let others know about this scammer?

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Block this buyer immediately from future purchases.

I am surprised a buyer would act this way when they are a seller as well.

I am always afraid of "monkey see monkey do" thing. Guess this person doesn't know any better.

"filed a claim". Buyer can do a claim and return items and ask for a refund. And you can do the shipping label.

I would do it in the eBay claim time frame before eBay refunds buyer. No returns does not mean no returns.

I would not email this person anymore.

Photos, video and emails really don't mean I lot.

Buyers and sellers can make their own judgements on buying and selling to that person.

Not much you can do about it.

Important thing is take care of the claim of the buyer.

Message 2 of 85
latest reply

I would take screenshots of your sold listing and their current listing and contact ebay for business on Facebook, Insta or Twitter and report them. That's totally against ebay policy!  I like the Facebook the best. Here is their link https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness. Good luck!

Message 3 of 85
latest reply

Was it item 355345387126? The bowl with the pineapple is chipped even though listing says no chips. If the buyer returns the items, make sure that info is called out when you relist the lot.

There was a time when a buyer listed something they purchased from you, and you could prove it was the same item, it would invalidate their buyer protections. I do not know if that policy is still in place as I haven't seen it discussed in several years - and it was an unpublished policy we only knew about from an eBay rep on this forum.

Did you alert the eBay CS you spoke with that the buyer listed the same item for sale on their account? If the answer is yes, and they still told you to wait 5 days, then they are not applying those protections. Perhaps they don't exist anymore.

eBay will expect you to either send a prepaid shipping label or send a refund. If you do neither, eBay will generally step in and force the refund from your account.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 85
latest reply

Wasting time - there were no chips on any of the bowls, they are hand painted from Japan and some of the paint was on the edge of the 'pineapple' bowl, which in the pictures may have looked like a chip.  AND she re-listed the items (using my pictures) stating they are all in 'excellent' condition.  I appreciate your advise and feedback.  I did contact ebay and they suggested I file a complaint against this buyer, which I did.  they also stated that if she re-listed as 'excellent' condition they would handle the claim after the 5 days.  left me under the impression that the buyer protection was invalid due to her relisting the items, but since you have mentioned this, I am going to contact them again and ask.

thank you for all your help

Message 5 of 85
latest reply

I blocked her. thank you for your feedback - I appreciate it.

Message 6 of 85
latest reply

I read the policies and it stated I could ask her to take my pictures off her listing.  I did that today. thank you for your feedback - much appreciated.

Message 7 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds 

I think I know who you're taking about, she did the same to me, but there may be more of them shameless sellers.

Message 8 of 85
latest reply

what did you do?  did you report her?  did you give her a refund?

Message 9 of 85
latest reply

The fact that the items you previously owned are listed for sale indicates that your buyer is CONFIDENT that you will not handle the Return Case in way that will benefit you. The buyer will ask eBay to Step-In or else let the case Time-Out in her favor. 'Favorable rulings' by customer service have known to get overturned. Issue the return label ASAP.

Message 10 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

Wasting time - there were no chips on any of the bowls, they are hand painted from Japan and some of the paint was on the edge of the 'pineapple' bowl, which in the pictures may have looked like a chip.  AND she re-listed the items (using my pictures) stating they are all in 'excellent' condition.  I appreciate your advise and feedback.  I did contact ebay and they suggested I file a complaint against this buyer, which I did.  they also stated that if she re-listed as 'excellent' condition they would handle the claim after the 5 days.  left me under the impression that the buyer protection was invalid due to her relisting the items, but since you have mentioned this, I am going to contact them again and ask.

thank you for all your help

Dont believe what CS told you! - You WILL lose this case plain and simple if it is an "Item Not as Described" case - You will also get a defect if you allow ebay to handle the return for you - Really, its no surprise at all that CS is untrained and constantly provides bad information - In my opinion just about everything about the current state of this site follows suit.

My guess is she has a another set that is damaged she plans on returning to you - Wish you the best with this. I would advise to get used to this kinda stuff, or come up with a new game plan as we did because surely scamming here get lots worse before it gets any better, if it ever does, in my most humble opinion of course...

Message 11 of 85
latest reply

''and offered her a refund and she refused'' - tuff, this is not how the MBG works

Do NOT refund unless an INAD case is opened, accept return and send return label and wait until you get the item back before you refund.

If they can not prove return eBay should (should) find in your favour.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

I sold an item (japanese porcelain bowls), when the buyer received the item, much to my surprise she filed a claim of Defective (they had 'bruises), and wanted a full refund.

@gramsclosetfinds : If she has filed a claim then you need to respond through the claim. I know you said you offered a refund and she refused but it sounds like you were just doing that through messaging. If she has filed a claim then you have two choices - (1) refund and let her keep the item or (2) refund after the item has been returned to you. That generates a return label for her. If she does not use it you are not billed for the label.

You have to choose one of those two responses. If you do not respond and instead wait out 5 days (for what to happen exactly?) then Ebay will close the claim in her favor. At that point you will have the worst possible outcome: she gets to keep the item and you have to refund in full including the Final Value Fees. (If you refund the buyer via either of the two options you are given then eBay will return the FVFs themselves.)

Message 13 of 85
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Block this buyer immediately from future purchases.

I am surprised a buyer would act this way when they are a seller as well.

I have a pretty extensive list in my BBL's.

Anybody want to trade?

A copy of mine, for a copy of yours?

Ebay won't protect us - we have to protect ourselves.

Show me yours and I will show you mine.

Message 14 of 85
latest reply

@gramsclosetfinds wrote:

Wasting time - there were no chips on any of the bowls, they are hand painted from Japan and some of the paint was on the edge of the 'pineapple' bowl, which in the pictures may have looked like a chip. 

Ah, got it! Was looking out for you in case you did get the items back to resell. 🙂 In photos it has the appearance of a chip, but I could see how it could be black paint since the background in those photos was black it blended.

Good luck with this and let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 15 of 85
latest reply