cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing into Community

all week, if i try to sign into community without being signed into my selling account, i get a one line message Account Blocked. i try again...same message. so i have to go to my summary page, sign into my account, then come back to community. not on my side...no need to ask if cache deleted or what program using (which is chrome). happened again this morning. needs to be fixed. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Signing into Community

guess the tech people are busy...just now tried to sign into community direct without signing into seller account... got same message Account Blocked. . while still in community, clicked on my summary...same message Account Blocked.... BUT if you click on Sell? Goes right to PR to start selling. just stupid. . had to do my backdoor way by clicking on a listing notice in my personal email to be able to sign in. PLEASE FIX THIS.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

@abfabvintage 

There have been a LOT of issues with the community platform lately.   I know ebay is working on it but its been like playing whack a mole.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

i know...just wanted someone from tech to add my dilemma to their long list of fixes...thx for your reply. when i originally got that Blocked message, i thought i was somehow marked to be eliminated lolol. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

this "account denied" **bleep** happening every day...when will this be fixed? cant even be not signed in and click on summary, get same notice....maybe am blackballed which at this time would be a good thing which would give me the oomph to sell somewhere else...to have to go to my personal email, click on a listed notice to even get here is dumb and stupid....

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

@abfabvintage   

@abfabvintage wrote:

this "account denied" **bleep** happening every day...when will this be fixed? cant even be not signed in and click on summary, get same notice....maybe am blackballed which at this time would be a good thing which would give me the oomph to sell somewhere else...to have to go to my personal email, click on a listed notice to even get here is dumb and stupid....

Fingers crossed they are supposed to be rolling out an update on Monday, hopefully it will fix this issue for you.   It was going to be done this Monday but they found some issues that had to be fixed first. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

@abfabvintage wrote:

Hi, can you please check this again after clearing cookies and cache?

Instructions below:

• Select Sign-out to log out of eBay.
  • Clear your browser's cache and cookies. (you can usually find this option in your browser preferences or settings, instructions for most used browsers below)
  • Close all the open browsers. This is essential because most browser stores your log in details (cookies) in your computer's RAM. Closing the browser will clear all the details and errors that are causing it.
  • Open a new browser window and log in.

To clear cache & cookies in Safari:

• Click the Safari menu in the upper left of the screen.
  • Click Preferences.
  • Click the Privacy tab.
  • Click the Remove All Website Data button.
  • Click Remove Now.

To clear cache & cookies in Chrome:

Refer to Google Account Help. It includes instructions about how to clear cache and cookies on your computer, Android device, iPhone, or iPad:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050

To clear cache & cookies in Firefox:

Please make sure you have the most up to date version. Here's how to check:

1. Open Firefox.
  2. Select "Check for updates" from the "Help" menu.
  3. If there are updates available, install them and restart Firefox.
  4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until Firefox tells you there are no new updates to install.

Next, clear your cache and cookies:

1. Click on the Firefox button and then select 'Options'
  2. Select the 'Advanced' icon
  3. Click on the 'Network' tab
  4. In the 'Cached Web Content' section click 'Clear Now'
  5. Click 'OK' to close the Options window

Once you've done this, close all open Firefox windows and start Firefox again.

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

thanks for the lessons on how to clear out your cache...geesh...been here for 20 years...i didnt see your message above until the 15th, again getting here by clicking on my personal email listing confirmation to sign in.. didnt have to follow your lesson. 

so once reading your comment, i signed out of ebay, went directly to community, and it allowed me to sign in. that was on the 15th. assumed it was fixed.

this morning, the 17th? back to same old same old...go direct to community...click sign in...get message: access to website blocked. had to AGAIN call up personal email, click on listing notice, got here, signed in. so not fixed.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

on the 18th of july, i cleared out all of my ebay saved links like bookmarks, copied a new link to the community forums and bookmarked...it worked to get direct access to here...except this morning, 7/23...now get the same access blocked message...again, had to use personal email to get here. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

@abfabvintage   Brian is the ebay community member that has been working with Khoros to try and fix the glitches.  

Brian can you please add this to your list?  

brian@ebay    

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Signing into Community

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@abfabvintage   Brian is the ebay community member that has been working with Khoros to try and fix the glitches.  

Brian can you please add this to your list?  

brian@ebay    

@comics-scifi-collectibles definitely! I'll bring this one up with Khoros.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 11
latest reply