cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer in Canada

A buyer bought a pair of women’s Nike athletic pants. When I filled out the customs form and print s the shipping label it has a CS/PO Box in New York as the shipping address. Is this correct? First time shipping International. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyer in Canada

Your buyer is in Canada and having items shipped to a PO box in New York you wouldn't be needing a customs form. It's not shipping internationally.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Buyer in Canada

@buriedtreasuresandcollectibles wrote:

A buyer bought a pair of women’s Nike athletic pants. When I filled out the customs form and print s the shipping label it has a CS/PO Box in New York as the shipping address. Is this correct? First time shipping International. Thanks

This is very common for Canadians that are close to the US border. There are almost 9 million people on the Canadian side of the border (Niagara Falls/Buffalo) within two hours. Some buyers will use a forwarder, some if they are close will just drive across the border to pick up from a mail drop.

As @ebooksdiva mentions, if you are shipping to a US address there is no need for a customs declaration. It can be a good idea to use a packing slip with the item details and price and place it on the OUTSIDE of the package.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Buyer in Canada

What shipping service did you choose on the label page? Did you select USPS First Class Package International or did you select eBay International Standard Delivery (eISD)? If you selected eISD then you are shipping to a hub in the US and they forward the package to Canada @buriedtreasuresandcollectibles .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Buyer in Canada

As has been mentioned earlier, your buyer likely has some sort of forwarding arrangement in place for the pants.  I'm in Canada, too, and I'd likely want some alternative to paying US$23.54 to have a twelve-dollar pair of pants shipped to me.  (Yes, I realize the shipping cost isn't within your control.)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Buyer in Canada

@wastingtime101 

The buyer is using a US shipping address so international shipping would not come into play. 
Unless New York has moved across the boarder lol 😆 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Buyer in Canada

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@wastingtime101 

The buyer is using a US shipping address so international shipping would not come into play. 
Unless New York has moved across the boarder lol 😆 

Or unless the buyer used a Canadian address and the seller selected eISD as the shipping service. I wasn't 100% clear from the OP.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply