cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with international shipping

Hello all, i brought an item from New York to me (in England) and they did the international shipping program and they sent it to Glennsdale Hights IL, which is Ebay's place for international packages to forward off to England and it says 

"Available for Pickup

Available for Pickup

CAROL STREAM
550 FULLERTON AVE
CAROL STREAM IL 60188-5204
M-F 0700-1900; SAT 0800-1400

July 5, 2023, 11:59 pm

Your package is ready for pickup at your designated post office.

Your item arrived at the CAROL STREAM, IL 60188 post office at 11:59 pm on July 5, 2023 and is ready for pickup. Your item may be picked up at CAROL STREAM, 550 FULLERTON AVE, CAROL STREAM, IL 601885204, M-F 0700-1900; SAT 0800-1400.

Tracking Number: 9400108205499069423007

"

What does that mean? It never got to Glennsdale Hights, it is Available for pickup at Carol Stream?

Do I just ignore this and this is for the Glennsdale EBay people to go pick it up to then get it ready for England and it doesn't mean for ME to pick up?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is for Ebay shipping to pick up. They will assign a tracking number for international shipping. Keep an eye on tracking as it should update to arrived at shipping hub.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

This is for Ebay shipping to pick up. They will assign a tracking number for international shipping. Keep an eye on tracking as it should update to arrived at shipping hub.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much my friend! I was panicking for a second, I thought they wanted me to go to Chicago from England to pick it up lol! Have a great day! 😂

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Shhhh, don't give Ebay an ideas.  This is at least their 3rd International shipping program.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Canada and looking at this situation. 2 packages arrived at the hub, one moved onto me and is with me, and the other is stuck in the hub, sitting there since the 24th of August. It is nice to see what poor care ebay has for international customers. After this is all settled I am cancelling this account. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with you on this Also in Canada and been eBay member for 20 years buying and selling the majority in USA My most purchase is through Texas with this EiS program and will be my last purchase with anyone using this inferior method Purchase made 24 Jan picked up by usps 25 Arrived at Glendale and been sitting there since the first of FEB no updates since then so just sitting in limbo The dates given for delivery to me is from Feb 8 today until Feb 14 Being that it’s been sitting in limbo at Glendale not processed or anything I’m concluding as I’ve read about this theirs part by shipper OSM that it maybe eventually claimed as lost at their own hub Obviously eBay changed what I believed to be a sound program under the GSP I’m sure the changes were made to enhance their bottom line plain and simple and feel the utter contempt they have for non American buyers Whetjer I receive the item or not ( value of 250 cdn I refuse to use any seller who offers this as the shipping option I suspect there is more than meets the eye on issues like item lost In 20 years it happened one a very very long time ago Plenty of options out there today It’s mind boggling that I can purchase something in China and it arrives in better time than this transaction and I do receive it The contempt for international buyers is palatable I suppose since we are not percentage wise important enough to offer credible services Shameful 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

same problem sold a card on ebay and was sent to this dumb ass that does not ship out and holds cards for months and months ebay is the worst said it was 

Delivered and now ebay is getting me to refund the buyer when its at there ebay hub this guy carol stream is thief be ware

Delivered, Left with Individual

GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139 

April 1, 2024, 10:44 am

Available for Pickup

CAROL STREAM
550 FULLERTON AVE

March 31, 2024, 11:59 pm

Redelivery Scheduled for Next Business Day

March 31, 2024, 11:36 am

Available for Pickup

CAROL STREAM
550 FULLERTON AVE

March 30, 2024, 11:59 pm

Redelivery Scheduled for Next Business Day

March 30, 2024, 3:09 pm

Out for Delivery

March 30, 2024, 7:58 am

Arrived at Post Office

March 30, 2024, 4:09 am

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Carol Stream isn't a person it's a post office in the town of Carol Stream in Illinois. 
The item has been received at the Glendale Heights shipping hub, if you are the seller your job is done. 
Months and months? It was delivered in Glendale heights on Apirl 1st.  I don't buy that eBay is forcing you to refund. It's eBay's problem not yours since it is delivered at the hub. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply