cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped off package 03/25/24 into postal dispenser, no scans :-(

As the title states I dropped off a package into the postal dispenser on Monday the 25th at the local post office branch. Not a scan yet and it’s Friday. The other package I dropped off the same time has already been delivered. I can’t open up a case to search for the package since there is no scan. Are there any other options that work? Yes I’ve had this happen before in the past but it’s frightening every time. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not much more you can do. Most post offices do have a Kiosk (self service postage machine) that does have the option to scan packages that you are dropping off in the bin. You can get a receipt for this but they do stress that it is not the same as an acceptance scan you would get from the counter/postal person.

I have had items not track for a few days before they show up at another sorting facility.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No, without an acceptance scan, not much you can do but hope it gets a scan somewhere down the line.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've had two recent instances where I dropped packages into the post office bin and didn't get an acceptance scan.  Both times I filed a "missing mail search request" with USPS using the tracking number.  The first one resulted in the package being found the next day and it got delivered.  The second time it happened no package was ever found.  It's worth trying (you need to wait seven days, though, before you can do it).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply