cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item stuck in transit, almost at latest estimated delivery date. Next steps??

Hello,

I sold an item to a buyer on the 24th and had it shipped (Ground Advantage) on the 25th.  It was smooth sailing and made it to the destination post office on the 27th but on that same day, USPS, being who they are, for some odd reason, sent the package off to a different post office, about an hour away. It was then processed again (27th) but has been stuck on that update ever since. The estimated delivery date provided by USPS was the 29th, and I believe that the latest delivery date would be May 2nd. As a new seller, I really don't know what to do next other than wait for the buyer to open up an INR case. I can open up a missing mail search but the cutoff hasn't come up yet.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Don't do anything and don't contact the buyer. It's way too early to be considered lost. If the buyer files a claim then come back here for assistance and provide the most updated tracking info.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Juat wait patiently & don't consider it lost at this point. You can't control the delivery routine or any human error while in transit of any of the parcel carriers. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. 

The package miraculously moves after being stuck for 3 days and was delivered. Buyer left positive feedback with negative comments lmao. Told him its USPS' mishandling and it would probably sort itself out with time when he first came to me with this.

But yeah the general strategy I've seen around here seems to be to buy yourself some time/stall by not being the first to bring the issue up. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply