cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost package..now soon delivered.

Hi !

Sold a package a while ago abroad , the package seemed to be stuck for a couple of weeks with no update on the tracking. I assumed that the package was lost , and the estimate delivery date passed and I refunded the buyer. Because we both thought that the package were lost. BUT now the package have began to move , and have arrived in the country of the buyer , and its soon to be delivered. 

Ive had a great conversation with buyer throughout the hole process.

But what happens next ? I got no item and the money have been refunded to the buyer...sure Ebay will help me ? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Nope, eBay is not going to help you with this. Refunds can't be reversed. 
You can ask the buyer to PayPal you the funds for the item, but they are not required to comply. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Oh ok I see. I'll quess that option is better for me , because then Ebay wont get their 15% comission of the sale price 🧐 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have had similar experience  with a seller   I  bought from  .  Ebay rep.  gave me the okay to ask the seller for PayPal info to refund the money in the  eBay  message  system.     With  USPS  sorting  hub issues  there will be more case's  like yours and mine.   I ad another case  where  I had to file  with   USPS    postal inspectors  on the Chicago IL.  USPS sorting center  found  my missing  package that was found  then said to gotten  lost   . The seller got their insurance  money and I got refunded because usps  claim they lost it. well 3 months    2 weeks later  I get a call from the Postal inspector   that he found it with  32 other packages sitting in  a cart . I got the package 5 days later after the phone call . 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Your buyer does not have to repay you and many won't, the ones who fear bad karma or don't mind repaying will. There is nothing you can do to force the buyer's hand.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply