cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased on eBay- Delivered via Amazon FBA is a big NO

I make most of my purchases, whenever possible, on eBay.
I go out of my way not to EVER buy anything from Amazon.

Today I received my latest eBay purchase and delivered by Amazon. 
Hey everyone makes their own business choices. I am fine with that.
But unless the seller makes his delivery choices clear in the listing, so I have the option to click away and shop elsewhere, it's an immediate negative feedback.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Thanks for posting.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Would you like it if somebody left a negative feedback on your store because you use bubble wrap and they felt like it was unnecessary and extra packaging and hurt the environment?

You have your own personal grudge against Amazon and your taking that grudge out on people's livelihoods when they are doing absolutely nothing wrong having Amazon hold their inventory and ship for them. For some one who is as big as seller as you it's pretty shocking and extremely unprofessional.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Personally I prefer to shop at thrift stores or yard sales for my stuff , but for the things I can’t get there I get at local retailers. I don’t like Amazon either so I don’t shop on there. But I wouldn’t leave negative feedback to hurt someone’s business who did business with them. But I also don’t expect others to feel or act like I do. 
be kind 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I think you've met a reseller. These guys use software to copy items from Amazon or other sites to eBay, and each time you buy, then buy the item you want from those sites, change to your address, and disguise it as if he sold it to you. So it's best to stay away from sellers whose prices are much higher than other sellers.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Yeah, seems pretty obvious this is the case in my eyes. Don't get why we have sellers feeling personally attacked by someone saying they feel uncomfortable with this. It just makes me suspicious that they want to do so or are doing so as well. Even if it's not a scam, sellers need to be open about their business practices. It's just a healthy way to not mislead buyers. So many dirty tactics are used on this site and it is a shame. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

FBA Fulfilled by Amazon as in the seller was using Amazon Fulfillment to store, pick, pack and ship the seller's items? That is allowed by eBay.

What is not allowed is receiving package from Amazon  sent as a gift with a gift receipt in the package. 

Because FBA is allowed it would be most wrong of you to leave the seller negative feedback. 

Thanks for posting.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

Would you like it if somebody left a negative feedback on your store because you use bubble wrap and they felt like it was unnecessary and extra packaging and hurt the environment?

It's not about bubble wrap or the way it is packaged. You are obviously missing the point.
I purchase on ebay from an ebay seller and expect that seller to stock, handle and ship the product to me.  If I wanted to get my stuff from the Amazon horror show, I would buy there.
If that seller wants to use Amazon FBA to fill ebay orders, that is totally his/her choice.
But it needs to be disclosed.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

If you received what you ordered and as described please don't leave that seller a negative.  Your beef is with Amazon not the seller.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

You have your own personal grudge against Amazon and your taking that grudge out on people's livelihoods when they are doing absolutely nothing wrong having Amazon hold their inventory and ship for them. For some one who is as big as seller as you it's pretty shocking and extremely unprofessional.

That seller isn't having Amazon hold their items, they are dropshipping from them which is not allowed.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote: ... That seller isn't having Amazon hold their items, they are dropshipping from them which is not allowed.

How can you tell, from the information provided?

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@cyclebitz wrote:

@sapphire_studio wrote:

It's not about bubble wrap or the way it is packaged. You are obviously missing the point.
I purchase on ebay from an ebay seller and expect that seller to stock, handle and ship the product to me. ...If that seller wants to use Amazon FBA to fill ebay orders, that is totally his/her choice.

I think you missed the point, which is not about packaging; it's about buyers leaving negatives for arbitrary reasons.

You apparently understand that some larger sellers use FBA to warehouse and ship their items.  That's OK with eBay so it should be OK with you.  If you want to avoid FBA Amazon, then you have a very particular preference and it's up to you to inquire about it before making a purchase, just like a buyer who doesn't want a seller to use bubble wrap.

Not sure why you refer to Amazon as a horror show.  In my experience, they mess up far fewer orders than eBay sellers do.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@cyclebitz wrote:

@sapphire_studio wrote:

I purchase on ebay from an ebay seller and expect that seller to stock, handle and ship the product to me.  If I wanted to get my stuff from the Amazon horror show, I would buy there.
If that seller wants to use Amazon FBA to fill ebay orders, that is totally his/her choice.

Point not missed at all.  FBA is allowed.  Where items are stored and who actually boxes and labels them is the seller's business.  Sapphire simply pointed out that the seller has an ebay allowable business practice that you personally don't like by mentioning another.  I personally ship items out in reused Amazon bubble bags that I receive from Amazon and people who save them for me.  If I did this with you, I risk a negative ?  Like others have said, thanks for posting.....and that is a point you may be missing.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote: ... That seller isn't having Amazon hold their items, they are dropshipping from them which is not allowed.

How can you tell, from the information provided?

You can usually tell by their listings and the type of items they have listed.

Their items are sold by Amazon or different sellers on Amazon.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hi 

I want to do eBay, I will be listing on eBay and I want to send only some items which can be delivered to the buyer within 3 days.

Thanks

Message 15 of 19
latest reply