cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Label Printer that works DIRECTLY from Ebay?

I have decided to get a thermal label printer, but the first 2 I purchased required me to print the label as a PDF, save it, then open the printer app, pull in the PDF file and print.  Are there any brands of thermal label printers that will simply let me press "print" on Ebay and print directly to it?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I have a feeling you set up your original 2 printers incorrectly. What brand and model are they?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@cat31302 wrote:

I have decided to get a thermal label printer, but the first 2 I purchased required me to print the label as a PDF, save it, then open the printer app, pull in the PDF file and print.  Are there any brands of thermal label printers that will simply let me press "print" on Ebay and print directly to it?

I have used a Zebra 2844 for many years, I have 3 of them now, used ones are around $75 , work great

I use seagull printer drivers, could never get the Zebra drivers to work correctly

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Would help is you told us which printer was giving you the issue!

I suspect this is a set up issue rather than an inability of the printer.

Personally I use an old Zebra model but I CHOOSE to print via a PDF file as I get a copy to retain for my records and if I need to reprint for any reason I can with no time limits. If I want to print directly I just change the output from pdf to the printer I want to use (label printer or laser).

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I use a ROLLO.

It doesn't require me to save as a PDF.

It prints "directly" from ebay.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I had some issues with a Zebra printer.  (I wasn't smart enough was the issue).
I  use a Dymo LabelWriter 4XL now.   
I hit print and out pops a label

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Dymo LabelWriter 4XL works fine for me. Prints without needing to save as a .PDF

However I do like the option of printing to PDF which i do to keep my labels organized in a label folder.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I've used a Zebra for years - you need to install it, then choose it when you create your label - that's pretty standard with any printer (I use a laser, a thermal and very rarely just print to PDF). I know for Zebras they're almost plug-and-play, you just need the updated driver.

ETA: Printers are not site specific - they don't care what site you're on, just that you assign the print job to them when you go to print the label. Also make sure your print parameters are 4 x 6".

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Wireless Rollo.

No muss no fuss.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Printers all pretty much work the same insofar as connectivity, wireless or not. It's just which one has features that work best with what one does.

I just wish OP had come here first with their question before spending money on two printers - we could have stepped it through with them, saved them some $$$

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

FYI.

Most if not all will download the label anyway and if you were to look in your downloads folder you will see PDF files with random names.

Even though it may seem direct.

I try to make sure the browser is set to open PDF files with Adobe Reader by default, so that it opens the label, auto downloads then opens in Adobe.  Its so fast that you might not see those steps, but I can about bet that nearly everyone has the labels downloaded in their download folder.  Same thing happens with the packing invoice.

So yeah, the printers you started with were probably fine. It was just a matter of tuning the system to work how you wanted.  I had to tweak my printer to print a bit slower and darker so the labels looked nice. At defaults they seemed light and would have spots in the print.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Does the wireless Rollo work well with a Mac?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

This is the first one I ordered (I don't have access to the other one as it's on my partner's account).  I spent an hour with tech support to try to make it print directly from Ebay.  This one also did not print via bluetooth from my computer.  I forgot to mention that in the original post.  I want a printer that can print via bluetooth or network wifi from my computer or cell phone.  I am adding the link to the computer I bought a few months ago.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CR33B8DZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-touch-screen-full-hd-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd...

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Well, that printer looks to have the option of both USB and Bluetooth.

I personally use the USB option.  Wireless printing is often problematic for many.  That said, these printers are trickier to set up that most.  It should have came with software, but probably on a disc.  Mine actually came with a USB memory stick that had the driver.

But I bought literally the cheapest option and it only does USB, so that doesn't help you.

Some of the higher cost printers and bigger names work more reliably and are easier to setup.

But with any printer once its setup, you still need to know how to print to the printer.  Typically, eBay uses a PDF of the label to print.  Now, how your browser handles the PDF label is how successful your printing will be.

I have mine set to open the PDF label, but it does download it to the Downloads folder first, before opening. This is normal.

I use Adobe Reader to handle PDFs, as it just works better with the printer.  So it opens in this, then I can print, then select the label printer and it prints!  Now, with mine, I had to darken the print and slow down the print speed, to get the labels to be more clear and dark.  At defaults my cheap printer would leave a lot of white spots in the print and it was fainter.  No two printers will work the same either with these.

Mine requires fan-fold labels but I made a custom roll holder and use rolls with it.  So far, it works very well. 

Hope it helps.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Yes it does.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply