cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options as a buyer

IMG_2888.jpeg

EBay shows it was paid on my end and the funds left my bank account. The seller won’t ship because on his end it shows funds aren’t paid for. I spoke to a representative to cancel the order and was told only the seller can. I reached out to the seller and they won’t respond back it’s been a few weeks. When I try to report the item hasn’t I arrived I received the message below. Should I take the loss and leave a negative review?.

IMG_2885.jpeg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@wash.irvi wrote:

As for the item being sent to "Authenticators,” I’m not sure. The representative didn’t mention the exact discrepancy; she mentioned that in order to get a refund, the item would have to get cancelled on the seller's end. If I still wanted the item, it would have to be canceled and reposted by the seller. I initially thought it was a “glitch” on eBay. The representative mentioned I shouldn’t be the one calling, and the seller should have reached out to resolve the issue. 

Was it an olive green Nike hoodie, that you purchased on Apr 12 by making an offer? If I found the right listing, then it should not have gone to the authentication, and the seller says they haven't received payment or shipped it, anyway.

If the payment actually went through, into the seller's account, then you will be able to file an Item Not Received case after the estimated delivery date has passed.

If you pre-authorized the payment when you made the offer, then it's possible that the pre-authorization charge didn't go through properly, or it wasn't properly converted to an actual charge. A pre-authorization charge can sometimes hang on in your account for a few weeks or even 30 days or so if it isn't released. It's possible that something went wrong with your payment, and if so, the seller really hasn't received the money, and can't refund you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

can you go to your purchase history and (from the option box) file an "Item Not Received"

that will initiate the refund process.....

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@wash.irvi wrote:

EBay shows it was paid on my end and the funds left my bank account. The seller won’t ship because on his end it shows funds aren’t paid for. I spoke to a representative to cancel the order and was told only the seller can. I reached out to the seller and they won’t respond back it’s been a few weeks. When I try to report the item hasn’t I arrived I received the message below. Should I take the loss and leave a negative review?.

IMG_2885.jpeg

@wash.irvi,

Your post is confusing. Something isn't adding up here.

Was this item being sent to the authenticators? That message is what they are supposed to do if they find that an item is authentic, but that it doesn't match the seller's description in some way. But that doesn't make sense if your seller is telling you they haven't shipped it yet?

Please come back and give us more information, to explain what has happened so far.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

As the buyer, I purchased the item through a “Or best Offer” option.

It’s marked as “Paid” and funds left my account. Days later I contacted to seller for a shipping update. 
Seller mentioned on there end payment hadn’t been received and sent me a screenshot of a non payment and wouldn’t ship. I told them a no payment option was available because I’ve already paid. I couldn’t cancel the item myself for a refund. After speaking to a representative, I was told only the seller could cancel this order. Seller hasn’t responded in a few weeks or canceled the order.

Under “More Actions” ,  “Contact Seller”  I can’t report “the item hasn’t arrived”. When I click on that option 

this is the message posted.

“We are awaiting a decision from you regrading your item.

We found an issue with the accuracy of the seller's listing during our inspection of your item. We are awaiting your decision to move forward”.

There's nothing I can do on my end if the seller doesn’t reply. eBay’s representative says it's up to the seller to initiate that option, and they have the ability to do so on their end.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

That option isn’t available. I’m prompted with the message below when I try that option.

“We are awaiting a decision from you regrading your item.

We found an issue with the accuracy of the seller's listing during our inspection of your item. We are awaiting your decision to move forward”.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@wash.irvi 

OK, thanks for the explanation.

When did you buy it, and what is the estimated delivery date? As soon as the estimated delivery date has passed, you will need to open an "Item not received" case, and then you will be able to get your money back. If the seller doesn't cooperate, eBay will make it happen.

Don't go through "contact seller", go to this help page, and choose the item you need help with, and start the case that way:

Get help with an item that hasn't arrived | eBay

There's still some weirdness and inconsistency with this situation, but starting an Item Not Received case is the way to deal with it.

In the mean time, you should follow up with your bank and make sure that the payment was really taken from your account. There are some things about this situation that suggest that the payment may not have gone through in the end.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"That option isn’t available. I’m prompted with the message below when I try that option."

Are there any options available at all on the pull down screen?

It looks to me like this item was supposed to get authenticated and it didn't b/c ebay found something wrong with the listing. (Based on your message received from ebay.) In that event, is there another option on that pull down screen?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

As for the item being sent to "Authenticators,” I’m not sure. The representative didn’t mention the exact discrepancy; she mentioned that in order to get a refund, the item would have to get cancelled on the seller's end. If I still wanted the item, it would have to be canceled and reposted by the seller. I initially thought it was a “glitch” on eBay. The representative mentioned I shouldn’t be the one calling, and the seller should have reached out to resolve the issue. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

“Cancel Order” is listed below  “Shipping”

That option allows me to contact the seller through a message. They haven’t replied to any of my messages in weeks.

@44012 wrote:

"That option isn’t available. I’m prompted with the message below when I try that option."

Are there any options available at all on the pull down screen?

It looks to me like this item was supposed to get authenticated and it didn't b/c ebay found something wrong with the listing. (Based on your message received from ebay.) In that event, is there another option on that pull down screen?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@wash.irvi wrote:

Was it an olive green Nike hoodie, that you purchased on Apr 12 by making an offer? If I found the right listing, then it should not have gone to the authentication, and the seller says they haven't received payment or shipped it, anyway.

If the payment actually went through, into the seller's account, then you will be able to file an Item Not Received case after the estimated delivery date has passed.

If you pre-authorized the payment when you made the offer, then it's possible that the pre-authorization charge didn't go through properly, or it wasn't properly converted to an actual charge. A pre-authorization charge can sometimes hang on in your account for a few weeks or even 30 days or so if it isn't released. It's possible that something went wrong with your payment, and if so, the seller really hasn't received the money, and can't refund you.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, it is weird b/c based on what you have shown the system is waiting for you to respond first in order to get your money refunded. And it looks like the item got flagged by ebay so the item couldn't be shipped.

There are others here that may respond to help....way smarter than I.....so hang in there and keep checking back.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

You’re correct!. After reviewing my statement from mid-April, it seems the payment didn’t go through. The payment posted was for a purchase on the 11th. 
So there is no charge on my end and no payment to the seller. The item was marked as paid on my end but never processed. I have no further options for payment or communication with the seller. I’ll leave a positive review and end it here. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply