cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer bought 2 items changed the name and shipping info on both that dont match buyers name

buyer bought 2 items changed the name and shipping info on both that dont match buyers name

This smells like a scam to me or someone trying to use me as a relay store to ship to 2 totally different people, aka they sold to 2 people then bought from me to ship to them.

I canceled both as this is against ebay policy as far as I know.

Is this common? and why should I get negative feedback for canceled sales.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If the addresses and names were on their payments then you should have shipped to them. Having items sent to a different name or address is not against policy. I had a buyer purchase 10 of the same items from me and have each one sent to a different name and address.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If they didn't message you to change address then the person who is in violation of eBay is you. Unless you used out of stock cancellation.

I'm guessing you didn't so you violated eBay policy with cancellation abuse.

Feedback is deserved if you didnt ship the item to the address on the order.

Another policy you are in violation of is username. Figured I'd add that one.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-policies/username-policy?id=4235

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I sometimes buy gifts for my family that live in other states and change the shipping info so it ships directly to them.

I've also sold items (Hallmark ornaments), that when I went to ship, I either couldn't find it, or it was not in the condition as described so I purchased from another seller and changed the shipping address to my buyer.

I am not a drop shipper and have never had a seller ever ask me why the two addresses and names don't match up.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Buyers can have items shipped to anyone they want and there's nothing wrong with that.

People buy gifts all the time and have the item shipped straight to the receiving person.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

No decent scammer is going after meat thermometers.  

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

What reason did you use for the cancellations?  Did the addresses show with the payments or did they ask you change them after paying?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

If the addresses and names were on their payments then you should have shipped to them. Having items sent to a different name or address is not against policy. I had a buyer purchase 10 of the same items from me and have each one sent to a different name and address.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I'm not sure if you are trying to help me or attack me, seems more attack than help.

Saying I abused the system is definitely an attack.

I have over 1000 sales and a member for over 30 years.

I simply asked for help in what happened. 

I've never encountered this before in over 1000 sales.

Apparently I made a mistake.

However if you have sold as much as me you should realize Ebay is not on the sellers side, so it's seems quite odd I would risk sending items to places that don't match the name.

If the seller had reached out and let me know what was happening that would have made more sense, but that isn't what happened so since ebay is not on the Seller side it's best to err in my favor otherwise I risk losing not only my items but also shipping.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Ok thanks for the all the info.

I've had other scam attempts and I guess I over analyzed this one.

My bad. 

yeah kinda dumb of me to over think meat thermometers...

cell phones etc I usually go street maps to try and confirm the addresses etc.

Thanks for the help, except for the one who chose to attack me instead of help me. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@httpdomma.com wrote:

I'm not sure if you are trying to help me or attack me, seems more attack than help.

However if you have sold as much as me you should realize Ebay is not on the sellers side, so it's seems quite odd I would risk sending items to places that don't match the name.

If the seller had reached out and let me know what was happening that would have made more sense, but that isn't what happened so since ebay is not on the Seller side it's best to err in my favor otherwise I risk losing not only my items but also shipping.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@httpdomma.com wrote:

1.  a 1000 sales in 30 years isn't much
2. You couldn't have been on eBay for over 30 years because none of us have, eBay hasn't been around for 30 years yet.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

It seems like you may be mis-reading one responder's message as an attack.

But thank you for being candid about having over-thinking this issue.  You will know better next time this happens. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I'm curious about what name were you comparing the shipping name/address on the payment to?  I'm too dense to even know where to look to see the buyer's name to know it is being sent elsewhere.  A few times I've had one ID purchase two items and I always check the separate payments to make sure they are going to two different addresses, because otherwise, I'd try to send together to save them money. 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Another policy you are in violation of is username. Figured I'd add that one.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-policies/username-policy?id=4235

The OP registered in 1999.  ‘Dot com’ Usernames were allowed back then … and could be maintained after they no longer were allowed for new members.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Redacted by poster.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply