cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay international shipping restrictions ????

I recently had a buyer in France that wanted to purchase a vintage collectible mobile phone.  When he went to buy the item, he received a message that I do not ship internationally.  I called eBay CC and they said that certain mobile phones are restricted for shipping to France.  Ok, so I sent an invoice to the buyer as eBay instructed but there were problems with the invoice so I had to cancel the transaction.

Additionally, I had a buyer that wanted to purchase an item, same message, eBay said I do not ship internationally so I lost the sale.  I asked eBay about this and they stated that eBay International shipping will not ship items over $2,500.00

All news to me.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@mantrakker   There are country import restrictions in addition to the eBay EIS program restrictions>  

The following requirements apply to items shipped through eBay International Shipping:

• Items are physically located in the US and listed on eBay.com
  • Items are eligible for export and the cost doesn't exceed $2500 USD
  • Packages should not exceed:
    • 48 inches in length, 84 inches in length and girth
    • 44 lbs. in billable weight (not actual weight) for all countries except Canada (maximum billable weight for Canada is 66 lbs.)

Transaction limits may apply to some accounts. Read our full list of seller terms and conditions to find out more about eBay International Shipping eligibility and program requirements.

You can see some of the category restrictions on this page>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Other than the Dunhill lighter listing which ships Priority Mail International, your listings are set to ship to the US only.  If you want to ship eBay International Shipping you should check your shipping preferences page to see if it has been enabled.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply