cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay wants proof of their own tracking?

Ebay has restricted my seller account including payouts to ask me for “proof of delivery” of the items I have sold.

the only proof comes by the tracking attached to labels THAT EBAY sold me and generated and that they already post to each sale.

as such, I have no more information than they do (they sold me the usps label and ebay.com of course  already updates parcels’ tracking at every step).

what is this but busy work for me amounting to a delay in being paid and generating more sales? they keep enlisting my items which is a bad look, since i have watchers.

…and how can i provide them the proof of delivery of items they are already tracking on their site? this is pitiful inefficient and nonsensical. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You need to supply them again with the tracking numbers as requested by the message. Even if they were loaded at the time the label was created, they still need to be added to the reply. For some reason, there is a disconnect between the two. (I agree, you would think it would be automatic)

You have a couple of choices, supply the request information and get paid keep selling or don't and wait for the money to go to your states unclaimed funds and not sell anymore. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Even though they have the information, you have to provide the tracking numbers to the department requesting them.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@brokenclock2x wrote:

…and how can i provide them the proof of delivery of items they are already tracking on their site? this is pitiful inefficient and nonsensical. 

Right? Why does the judge need to hear the facts again, when everybody already heard all the facts?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Because the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Must be too steep of a learning curve for the IT department that does coding for that.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply