cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question thread: Subtitle listing upgrade fee change

Adding an optional Subtitle listing upgrade to your listing can increase Buyer interest and along with the final value fee increase, there will be one to the optional Subtitle listing upgrade for some items. You can learn more about that here, feel free to ask any questions below!  

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between 8 am and 4:00 pm PST on 2.9.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

eBay may want to correct that first sentence in the information paragraph.  I can't imagine anyone willing to pay $150.00 for a Subtitle.  Shouldn't that be $1.50?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

eBay may want to correct that first sentence in the information paragraph.  I can't imagine anyone willing to pay $150.00 for a Subtitle.  Shouldn't that be $1.50?

I think they're referring to BuyItNow items with a price up to $150, or auctions with an opening price up to $150.

That aside, seller_update@ebay : what costs on your side are forcing a 50% increase in the subtitle fee? If there are no additional costs, what is your reason for the price increase on subtitles?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I wish subtitle fees were only $1.50 in my category of Business & Industrial.

Mine went up to $6 a several years ago. I quit using it when it jump that high. 

It was great to use to let buyers know about Mfg rebates or free goods on products purchased, but not any longer.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Fees have become excessive. But you can't post anywhere to state opposition. So I'm done with eBay. Too expensive anymore !!!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Y'all really bent everyone over for this update, worst update ever.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

So with the price increase, do the subtitles become searchable?

This is a completely unnecessary price increase!   How can your work load increased to warrant such an increase?  (Answer: it didn't . ebay is proving itself to be greed-bay!) I very rarely use subtitles, now I never will.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This increase is too much.  It's not a necessary increase.  The programming is already in place for subtitles.  You are just trying to garner more revenue from sellers fees rather than attract more buyers.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

seller_update@ebay wrote:

feel free to ask any questions below!

seller_update@ebay - Why? In a quick calculation just now I see 484 replies to the Question threads. You have posted a total of sixteen replies. In some threads you have not answered anything. 

This is a discussion group. We are not posting just to hear our keyboards rattle. I know that not a lot of the questions are easy but if you are going to post these announcements you should at least be prepared to deal with some blowback.

For instance - why is there no one prepared to post a defense of the fee increases or explain why they think that the changes to feedback are a good idea? At least come here to justify your ideas. A lot of people are taking the time to post some detailed comments and concerns. The least you could do is acknowledge them AND explain why you do or do not agree. Simply saying that you will forward our concerns elsewhere is not an answer. If you are going to make the posts then at least stick around and defend them.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply