cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with the Computer every time.

I have been rated as  below average seller for over six months.  My problems started when a boxful of listed books was stolen out of my truck.   I have 100% positive feedback because I deal with buyers directly, sell rare books that can’t be easily replaced if at all due to extreme weather conditions and the occasional theft, and the only defect I can locate is a late shipment from over a year ago that the computer says can’t be deleted.  But eBay is now taking 25% of any sale I make in fees, I’ve had zero sales since my last monthly below average rating which supposedly is based on sales defects and not sales volume, and I’m not inclined to list anything new because 25% in punishment fees added to limited listing numbers seems …  a little too much.  Now the computer threatens to completely cancel my account because of a poor rating based on .. what?  I’ve wandered the website looking for that way to ask a question of a real, breathing eBay rep.  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Dealing with the Computer every time.

When you discovered your items were stolen, I hope you removed those listings.  One late shipment should not cause ebay to charge an extra 5 or 6% (I don't remember the actual percentage) on top of the regular FVF.  You need more sales in order to lower the percentage of defects.  Not listing and not selling is not going to help.  When I was a below standard seller, I found something I could list for $5 with free shipping.  Didn't make any money, but I did make sales, and that eventually lowered my percentage of defects, and I became an above standard seller.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 2
latest reply