cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AllState Protection Plan is a Scam and a Fraud

*I bought two ozone generators and the protection plan for them from Allstate.

*One of the two items was defective.

*I contacted the seller to rectify, instead they sent me the shipping info (what? that wasn't my question).

*I contact Ebay through the webpage for refund.  The reply is the seller has closed the case.  I know, that's why I am attempting to contact Ebay to solve the problem.  The webpage is an endless do-loop hell.

*I contact allstate.  Same do-loop and says contact Squarretrade.  No reply yet.

Scam spelled with capital S.C.A.M.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Did you file an item not described case with eBay?  If not do so. Click the return this item and choose not as described.  Or, if you paid by credit card, contact your card company.

As a rule, those aftermarket warranties are worthless.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

SquareTrade is a subsidiary of Allstate. You need to file a claim under your warranty with them. Go to https://www.squaretrade.com/ for information on doing that.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@sharifarimimi,

My understanding is that if you receive an item and it's defective when you get it, then you have to go through the eBay return process and get a refund that way.

The Allstate protection plan doesn't overlap with eBay's buyer protections. The coverage doesn't start while the item is still under the eBay coverage. Or under the manufacturer coverage, either, if that applies. Allstate provides additional coverage, it doesn't replace the other protections that you have.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you so much for your post and

For sharing your acquired wisdom that "...As a rule, those aftermarket warranties are worthless...".

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am amending this post because I was completely wrong and what I posted IS NOT TRUE! Allstate WILL refund your money for an item on an order that has been cancelled. You just have to go to www.squaretrade.com and they will let you set up and log in to an account where you can cancel the plan within 30 days. You can then select the option saying the item is no longer valuable and Allstate will refund your money. 

I wish I could take down the post but all I can do is say that I am really sorry that I misinformed people and I exceedingly thank Allstate for refunding my money.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

They are officially off ebay now.

Really though, why would you buy a protection plan or anything  with 88% positive feedback??

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

They’re also adding Allstate coverage on items for which we didn’t authorize it.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I had a buyer recently that purchased a laptop and apparently a protection plan with it.

But I always have this note on my more recent and new listings:

Warranty Policy:

Beyond the 30 day return period stated above, there is no express or implied warranty provided by either the manufacturer or myself for any items listed regardless of condition. Items listed as “New” does not mean “New with warranty”. There are no extended warranty offerings from myself, however eBay may offer purchasable warranties when buying an item. Those warranties are covered by that plan and are not affiliated with me, nor do I have anything to do with how they work.

That is mostly so the buyer knows what my warranty offerings are and are aware there are options to purchase.

There are times when they can be useful however.   I had a laptop that I bought for a customer and bought the 3 year warranty/accidental coverage option for it.  And it paid off when the unit had to be repaired when it was dropped 2 years after it was purchased.   It was a high end laptop though.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply