cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case opened against buyer

Hi

The seller said he opened a case against me, sent photos etc to eBay. He sent me a case number.

I have never had this happen before.  How do I find out information about the case?

Thank You

Bob

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you hadn't started a return yet, not sure what kind of case the seller could open?

The seller could report you, but since you haven't done anything, don't know what good it would do.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There is probably no reason to care.

Many sellers believe every negative interaction with a buyer is due to a scam. Ebay is unlikely to do anything with the case.

If you wish to describe what has transpired, I am sure the community will help set your mind at ease.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Did you return an item?

Is the seller trying to fight a return?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If it was a not as described return; There is no fighting it. Accept the return and refund when you get the item back. If you don't, eBay will refund the buyer and they get to keep what ever it was they bought. 

If it was something else, with details we might have some suggestions. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The SELLER opened a case against you? Not sure what kind of a case a seller can open against a buyer, other than an unpaid item case and I'm sure you wouldn't be asking about one of those here, right?  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

@piedgn wrote:

The seller said he opened a case against me, sent photos etc to eBay. He sent me a case number.

I have never had this happen before.  How do I find out information about the case? 

The SELLER opened a case against you? Not sure what kind of a case a seller can open against a buyer, other than an unpaid item case and I'm sure you wouldn't be asking about one of those here, right? 

I wasn't sure either (no deodorant) so I asked and my grandma in Texas said sure, a seller can open a case.

dare2046_0-1714074369831.jpeg

Just click on See/View Return Details under the item on your Purchases page @piedgn to find out information about the case. Your seller will lose the case, and you'll get your refund.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi

There is some confusion in the responses - I am the buyer and I have not yet initiated a return

Here is what happened I purchased an item that has serial numbers on the parts ie a watch.  It was a rare one and expensive > $2K.  The watch came and normally I verify all the numbers right away, but I had had surgery and my hands were not good to use.  I sent a note telling the seller I would do the checkout when my hands were good.  I told him my guess was all was OK just based on experience.  He sent a note back acknowledging my note.   He had a 30 day return policy. 

Well hands finally OK and unfortunately one item did not have the serial number on it.  

Instead of just telling him I was going to return it and initiate the return process, the engineer in me had to tell him why and that it was the reason for the return.  I also told him I was not convinced I would return it anyway since everything else was good and it was rare, but there were only a few days left until the 30 days ran out so I needed to make the decision quickly - yes I see I brought this on myself (wife already told me that) and should have just made my decision and then proceeded.

Well he went off like a cannon accusing me of all sorts of things and he was opening a case against me.  I tried repeatedly to calm him down but nothing worked, so here I am with a new experience.  He said he had a picture of that item with the serial number and he sent it to eBay, I asked to see it and then I would be happy.  - no picture

Bob

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you hadn't started a return yet, not sure what kind of case the seller could open?

The seller could report you, but since you haven't done anything, don't know what good it would do.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I wouldn't take anything that seller says seriously as there is nothing they can do to you and have no valid reason to try. If you're keeping the watch just keep it and move on.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply