cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service can’t help you

They lied to me twice to only protect the seller they don’t care about the buyer I will never ever buy another item from eBay until my people solved , the customer service lied to me twice about getting my refund for the amount of $700.92 and guess what they closed the case in the seller favor without looking at massages or understanding the situation I recorded the phone calls and I’m filling a complaint with BBB for this poor customer service and the poor knowledge from the employees 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Look at order details page to make sure you put correct address when ordering.

If address was correct but delivery person left at some other house you can get evidence of that from USPS, Fedex or whoever. (They usually have GPS info. )Then contact ebay again with that evidence.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

lol there is no CUSTOMER SERVICE on ebay

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@shahijabari_0,

If you looked up a phone number for ebay's customer service online, you did not speak to anyone actually connected to ebay in any way. Even if you arranged for a call back from ebay, the reps you speak to work for a 3rd party call/chat center, and can only help with issues spelled out in the playbook they are given, which may not cover scams.

We may be able to help you get some sort of resolution, but we need more information about the transaction.

When did you buy the item and what was its last estimated delivery date. Your order details has that information in it.

When was it sent and did you receive it? If you did get it, how long ago was it delivered?

If the item arrived but was not as described, the wrong item, or did not work, what actions did you take?

If tracking showed Delivered did you actually receive anything? If you did not, what steps have you taken so far, other than contacting ebay? 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

eBay had the chance, and also if it’s a call center hired by eBay to do a job they are accountable for what they tell people , not lie, and now you are covering for them , BBB have the recording of the conversation and also have all the prove I’m going to wait on BBB eBay is liars 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@shahijabari_0,

If you looked up a phone number online, you did not speak to anyone connected with ebay at all. At the very best those people are phishing for shopping habit information. At the worst they are trying to get account and/or financial information.

Most company's use of shore customer support centers, and the information they are given do not always cover every situation that can arise.

If you had provided the info I asked for, we might be able to get you the resolution you want. Saying that I am covering for ebay doesn't get you any answers, that might help you.

Reporting ebay to the BBB won't help either, they have no means of forcing ebay to do anything. Not to mention if your conversations were not to the actual ebay call center, who you have to request a call back from, in order to speak to a rep, your recorded conversations are meaningless, and depending on the state you live in may be illegal. 

We may still be able to help you if you will answer the questions asked. You do not need to give us info about the item itself, your info or the seller's info either.  Most of us who answer questions on these boards, know more about ebay's policies than their reps ever will.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I open a case and without reading the massages they closed the case in the seller favor I called eBay again and reapplied the case and still got denied same thing it took them 1 min to the seller favor and same they did not read and they kept the same outcome 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Without you explaining with details what actually happened, no one in here can help you.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@shahijabari_0,

Since you still haven't told us much, I'm going to guess, there was tracking that had a Delivered scan, but you did not receive the item.  Then the rep filed an appeal for you which ended up with the same result, because you need Proof, that the item was delivered someplace else.  eBay cannot access actual shipping label information since they are neither the sender or recipient.

There may still be an option open for you, but it means doing some leg work, to get the info you need to provide them in order to get a refund.  Open the link below and click on the Go To Best Answer button.  The info you need to get and how to get it is given in that reply.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Fake-Tracking-information/m-p/34266951#M475809

If you will not follow the instructions given there, you will have no way of possibly getting a refund. You may not like it but if you want a refund, that is what you have to do.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

eBay already lied twice I’m not falling for the 3rd im going to cost you guys as much as you cost me , from now on Amazon purchases only you guys a liars 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Okay understood 

Unnecessary to post more then once on the community board  regarding the same issue

best of luck on Amazon 

Goodbye 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I see you replied to my last post saying;

"eBay already lied twice I’m not falling for the 3rd im going to cost you guys as much as you cost me , from now on Amazon purchases only you guys a liars".

You seem to think we are ebay employees.  We are not, we are regular but very experienced members who buy and sell on ebay just like you.  We often know more than ebay's reps about how to deal with certain issues.

If I guessed correctly about what happened to you, and you opened the link I posted, and followed the instructions, you should get a refund.  If your issue was different, we might have been able to help you if you told us what exactly happened.  Calling us Liars, doesn't help.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply