cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to buy 3 items and have combined shipping

Hello, I spoke with a seller who has 3 items that interest me and he says that they do combine shipping but that I should contact you so that he can make the sale that way, thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@alejol_43,

You have not provided enough information for us to help you.  The first thing we need to know is, does the seller ship items to Mexico?  You can find that information if you open one of the listings you are interested in buying from, and in it, click on the Shipping, Returns & Payments tab.

If there is a place there to add your country then the seller will be able to combine shipping without contacting ebay.   If they do not ship to Mexico, they would have to add an international shipping method to their listing. 

If you use a package forwarding service based in the U.S.,  Then you can add the three items to the Cart.  Once they are in the Cart, you can commit to buy but use the "Request a Total from the seller" option, before you pay.  You do not have to ask eBay to do anything in those cases. The seller can box up the items measure and weigh the package, then send you a total with the combined shipping cost.   Do be aware however that unless the items are each fairly small and lightweight the combined shipping cost can be more than the total individual shipping costs of the 3 items.

Your seller's answer to your question, suggests that they are new to selling on ebay, and if that is the case, you may want to buy from another seller.  To find out if your seller is inexperienced, open one of their listings.  Scroll down the page until you see the seller's username in large letters.  Below that will be a few feedback comments then an oval with See all feedback  in it. Click on that to be taken to their feedback profile page.  On that page you can click on the As A Seller button to see if they have feedback for selling before or in the last year. If they do not have any feedback or none received in the last year, there could be other issues with buying from that seller.

Check the information, asked for above and if they are an inexperienced seller let us know, If you are not sure, on one of the listings to the right just above the Item Specifics box on the right there will be an eBay item number.  Post that number here to a reply, and we can give you better answers to your question.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am going to ask the seller to send the items to the United States, the seller told me that I needed to talk to eBay because he directly cannot make those three publications a single combined item because if he made one publication they would charge him an extra

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@alejol_43 wrote:

I am going to ask the seller to send the items to the United States, the seller told me that I needed to talk to eBay because he directly cannot make those three publications a single combined item because if he made one publication they would charge him an extra

@alejol_43,

The word "publication" in your reply does not make sense, which could be a translation problem.

It sounds to me like your seller is very inexperienced at using ebay. eBay cannot help the seller, they have to respond to the combined shipping request on their own, by repacking the 3 items into one package then going to the shipper's site or office, to get a cost based on size and weight to the address you are having the package sent to.   It would help us if you post the eBay item number which I told you how to find as the last thing I wrote, my first reply. 

When combining shipping, the shipping cost will go up, but not as much as the 3 separate shipping labels would cost if bought individually, in most instances.  If we can see what the listing says, then we can give you information that you can pass on to your seller, that could help them out. 

I have to ask if the address you want the items shipped to in the U.S. already added to your addresses listed with ebay?  If it is not, you have to go to your My ebay summary page, click on Account > Addresses > Shipping address > edit.  Then add the address in the U.S. and for that  purchase make it your Primary one.  If you use an address in Mexico for most purchases, once you have made the purchase go back to your addresses and reset your home address, as your primary one.  

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's possible that the seller is using EIS which is why they cannot combine the shipping cost.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply