cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing removed, is this something to worry about?

On the 20th I bought a game console from a trustred seller. They have been a member on here for 18 years and I looked at their feedback and stuff they have sold and it all looked legitimate. I could tell they like games and movies and sell those and buys those and they don't sell things all the time based on how much feedback had been left in the past six months. The item was finally shipped last night and today I noticed the listing had been removed. But the tracking number was still there, this just means I can't leave any feedback and each time this has happened was because of a scam or because there was a problem with the item and the seller didn't want to refund me so they remove the listing to keep me from leaving them engative feedback. I hope this isn't a scam because this seller has 100%  feedback and I saw what their buyers had left them. 

It is possible someone might have reported the item and ebay removed it because the system had been modified even though the item had already been bought. 

Has anyone ever bought an item and then the listing was removed and did the transaction still go well? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, I have had items/listings dissappear off the site after I purchased it, but the tracking was assigned before that happened.... item showed up. 

I think it is people reporting the item, and ebay is removing it because it violated some policy, even though it already sold.  I wouldn't worry if you have tracking that has been updated already (shows acceptance at shipper).

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Just so you know, the seller did not remove the transaction, eBay did.  As a consequence, you cannot leave feedback, but it isn't done to protect the seller.  The seller will probably get a defect and could be punished by eBay for whatever he did to cause eBay to remove the transaction.  eBay won't reveal that information due to its privacy requirements. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I wonder how people would even see the item if it had already been sold unless they had it on their watch list.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I just checked and it was a pre shipment. That means the seller had printed off the label and hasn't taken it to the post office yet. Am I screwed? Am I protected through ebay still or would I need to go through paypal to get my money back if something goes wrong like if I don't get the item or if it's not as described? 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You are protected by Paypal.  Do you have an estimated delivery date?  If so, wait until at least one day after that date before opening a Paypal case.  If you don't have an estimated delivery date, then give it a couple of weeks before opening a case.  With paypal, you have 180 days from the date of purchase to open a case, so you should have plenty of time. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I have.  The seller was mortified and had no idea why that happened, the item was already shipped, and it was fine when it was received.

All was well, but I never knew why or what happened.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It said March 27th. I have been looking around online so I realize the least worst that could happen is the seller refunding me for his own protection. I would understand and move on and buy another item that is similar to it. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply