cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok confused buy it now still showing after bidding reaches 50%

Some categories it disappears as soon as there is a bid.   Some categories it disappears as soon as bidding reaches 50% of the buy it now price but Ive found listings in sunglasses category that have both beyond that mark. Did something change or has sunglasses always been different?  

Screenshot_20210801-193317~2.png

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Could the seller have a reserve on it?  (I know nothing about auctions)

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This is just one of many I've seen in this category right now. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The question remains: does the auction have an unmet reserve?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Haven't seen it set with reserve prices on them 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

And no clue why they moved it to buying.  I was thinking it would be more something sellers would know the answer to and be interested in occuring...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I read a post from nobodys*perfect (a well informed member regarding auctions) who said it is this way in some categories, I am assuming this is one of those catlegories.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I have seen a few auctions over the past couple of weeks where the BIN remained up (one where it was used successfully) even though the current bid exceeded 50% of the BIN and/or even though it was not in one of the 4 Sticky BIN categories, and where it did not appear and was unlikely that there was a Reserve Price involved (though couldn't be 100% ruled out since the recent Bid History Page reformat appears to have removed the Reserve status display).

I have sought out information (is it a glitch or have they changed the rules, given that the Help Page on the matter is way too vague and no longer gives the actual rules) from eBay employees and gotten an "I'll look into that" but no explanation.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

There has no doubt been some kind of a change made, whether intentional or another glitch.

Check this one out on one of my clothing listings.....

102_8121.jpg

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@magicjohnsonsvariety wrote:

There has no doubt been some kind of a change made, whether intentional or another glitch.

Check this one out on one of my clothing listings.....

102_8121.jpg

Weird wish they would let us know something

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

If it's an intentional change, then we sellers are always the last to know....

However, if it's a glitch, then ebay is always the last to know.... 

Personally, I kinda like it. I wish the BIN would stay until the amount is fully reached. Are there any valid reasons why not? 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply