cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund failed

I accidentally placed an order for an item and as I was about to cancel it, the payment already went through. So I asked the seller to cancel it to get my money back, they did so and I waited, but the refund failed because there was an ‘issue’ with the refund. Is there any way to request a refund for it again? I need the money back and the seller is unresponsive, what do I do?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Refund failed

When a seller cancels a transaction, the refund is automatic. If you paid by cc, it can take one billing cycle before it shows up on your card.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Refund failed

When a seller cancels a transaction, the refund is automatic. If you paid by cc, it can take one billing cycle before it shows up on your card.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Refund failed

In my case, eBay stated that the refund failed due to an issue but eBay didn’t disclose what the issue was. I ordered from a seller who lives overseas.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Refund failed

If the seller is unresponsive now,you may have to go to your cc then for a chargeback..if thats what you used.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Refund failed

an item buyer doesn't want since yesterday without success. Can someone help me please?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Refund failed

an item buyer doesn't want since yesterday without success. Can someone help me please?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Refund failed

I bought a cellphone that was defective in 2022, returned the item for refund, the seller received the item and refused to refund claiming that there is nothing wrong with the item. I appealed to ebay and was asked to return the itemm was sent return slip.  I could not return the item because the seller has it. This happened about 3 times and it appears as if the item is with me. November 2023 was able to contact ebay rep on the phone. She agrred that I am due for refund under MBG.  This is 2024 and stll no refund from ebay.  Again, the item is with the seller

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Refund failed

Hi @yo52654 

You can try requesting a chargeback from your credit card company. This really should have done many, many months ago. Good luck!  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply