cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell threatening legal action for non paying and now won’t respond

I requested a refund for an item that didn’t arrive for about 30 days. A few days after I received the refund, the item arrived and the seller requested the payment back. I didn’t see the messages until later and have tried to respond but now he won’t. He posted a new item for just me to buy and I can’t purchase it because it says the seller is not accepting bids or offers from me. 
with his threatening legal action I am worried and would like to buy the item to resend the payment. 
how can I resolve this and get in contact with him or not get in trouble legally for him not cooperating?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Don't worry about it.  If they put you on their blocked bidder list, it blocks all contact with them.  Double edged sword effect.   I do suggest you find a different seller to buy from.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Once a refund is processed; you're allowed to keep the item and there isn't anything anyone can do to make you repay... but those with a conscious will probably repay. If the seller set up a listing just for you to buy, it makes no sense they wouldn't take you off their blocked list unless they simply haven't realized this would prevent you from buying.

I have to say I'm very confused... if you buy this new item how does that pay for the previous item again? Are you planning to buy it and let them keep it? If I were selling I would never agree to that. If you buy this new item and they don't ship it, you could open an INR case against them and win. At the end of it all you would have two free items... not saying you would do that but how does the seller know that?

I'm going to be honest, if someone ever dares to threaten me I would heavily consider not repaying a single cent. I would never keep an item and a refund because that's wrong, but I don't like threats.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Nothing you can do now.

"didn't arrive for about 30 days"....if it had tracking it would eventually arrive.

Doing that you can get blocked by a seller...seller has a right to block a buyer.

"he posted a new item for just me"...sounds about right.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@gemsjewelryandmore wrote:

how can I resolve this 

You can resolve it by forgetting about it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Legal action?  …oh boy..🙈🙉

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sign off with a final message to seller: Provide funds & address for return shipping & Item is all yours.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You don't  repay the seller by buying it again.  If you buy it again they'll be obligated to send you another item or risk having you file an item not received dispute.

Legally they can't  do anything to you if you don't repay. The way to repay is to get their PayPal info and send them money that way. Or by Cash App, Venmo, Zelle, etc. 

But I must say I don't  take too well to threats so I would just stop communicating or trying to repay and let them ---- in their hat. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply