cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victory

Despite Ebay saying that they made the correct decision on my appeal. They were wrong. They Denied my refund based on a fake tracking information. Even though FedEx confirmed it was fake. So, I went through PayPal. It took lots of leg work. But finally got them on a  call with FedEx. FedEx Confirmed everything I said. My money was refunded. I wish I could inform eBay that they we're wrong. I get that it was hard to believe that an eBay seller would be as rotten as this seller was. They were very good at faking info. They actually used a wayfair tracking number going to another home in my town ,with pictures. Then pasted my information on top of it.  Thank you FedEx for being helpful. Thank you PayPal for continuing to let me escalated the issue. It was a matter of principle. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Victory

Good to hear you got your refund...congratulations.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Victory

So, I went through PayPal. It took lots of leg work.

@eugene2010michael 

It is so good to hear from a fake tracking scam victim that has a happy ending!!!!  

When you made the claim in PayPal, did you use the rather new selection they have added to their drop down menu  "item was shipped to the wrong" address ?  Other members here have been posting screen shots of this welcomed "new addition" to PayPal's  list, but only one person has spoken up regarding what happens when the victim chooses that option. 

If you did use it, it would be useful to hear what the subsequent procedure entailed, so we can advise others.  

You don't have to worry about "informing eBay that they were wrong"....LOL....they are going to find out soon enough.  Is your "seller" still a registered user? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Victory

Yes, seller still on ebay. My review of them never posted. PayPal. I did not use that new drop down choice. I lost first request and appeal. However, I was so upset with the seller on ebay that I wasn't giving up. I called, paypal then called FedEx while I waited on hold. Paypal said after speaking with FedEx, reversing decision.  Fortunately the representative for paypal was wonderful in all aspects. May have been a bad outcome if it wasn't a great representative. Thanks again. All the best

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Victory

@eugene2010michael,

While we are happy that you did get a refund by going through PayPal, it is too bad that you did not apply the same determination when dealing with ebay.  PayPal's advantage over ebay is not using a 3rd party call center, but having their own in house phone reps. They also will accept emails from shipping agencies as proof of a problem.

You did post a message on the Mentor board about 5 days ago, but those topics move off page one of that board so fast, others beyond the one Mentor who did reply, may not have seen it.  So they couldn't give you instructions on what else you could have done.

You are probably not aware of this, but there is an additional option that can be used even after losing an ebay appeal. It is described in the link below, use the Go to Best answer button on it to find out what needs to be done to win an ebay appeal or what you can do if you lost an appeal.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Fake-Tracking-information/m-p/34266951#M475809

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply