cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Invalid shipping address. Please enter a different address." error appears

Cant add shipping address,"Invalid shipping address. Please enter a different address." error appears.I tried different addresses in Germany and Other countries(to detect if the problem is with my address in Germany), but in all cases the same error appears.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Does your seller ship to Germany?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@gosargsya_1,

You registered in the Russian Federation, and because of that any address you try to add to that account is being seen as trying to get around a block on sales to the Russian Federation.   If the bank account you registered with is in Russia all bank transactions have been cut off by Western European and North American countries as well.

If you are trying to add an address after paying for an item, you cannot do that. It should have been added to your Account > Addresses, before buying anything, and selected at check out. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

yes he do.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

"all bank transactions have been cut off"
That's basically wrong. A few big Russian banks were banned from the SWIFT system, not ALL Russian banks.

"get around a block on sales to the Russian Federation"

There is no any global "block on sales" to get around to begin with, there are types of goods that are "blocked", it's a pretty comprehensive list that includes luxury items and anything that can in any way support the millitary.

What I see is basically Ebay shadowbanning all users it considers "Russian" just in case. Even if those Russians live in Germany for years and provide German based shipping addresses, like in this case.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@corwin.macleod,

It does not matter if a few banks can't accept payments or all of them cannot,  and it does not matter if a few shipping companies are still shipping to the Russian Federation.   The fact that there are enough interruptions in payments being able to be sent or received, and that items may not be able to be sent into or from the Russian Federation, is enough for ebay to stop all of the sales and purchases from the region until sanctions have been lifted.  

Currently if a buyer/seller is registered in Russia, they cannot conduct business on ebay.  If a person who registered in Russia but now lives in another country wants to be able to buy or sell on ebay, they have to register a new account in the country they now live in.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

"is enough for ebay to stop all of the sales and purchases from the region"

So there is no any actual law behind this that is somehow "forcing" ebay to stop working with the buyers so it cowardly shadowbans them based on their citizenship alone.

Maybe ebay should be more honest about it's feelings and put a "Russian people need not apply" sign at the top of the page?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

so basically ebay allows to login, spend and hour shopping. Failing to add an address without any details is not the way to say that I need to register new account. **bleep**

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you solved that problem? I'm experiencing the same difficulty even though I now live in Armenia... 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you solved that problem? I'm experiencing the same difficulty even though I now live in Armenia... 

Ebay's restrictions on sales and purchases from Russia are still in place. So as long as your account is registered in Russia you'll be blocked from doing business here. If you're now living in Armenia you may wish to open a new account with a registration there.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Hi. This situation has occurred to me today. I indeed have been registered in Russia (and it's been quite a while since I used it last time), but I moved quite some time ago.

Neither it allowed me to add my new shipping address, nor change country in my account's primary address.

How do I get around this issue? 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

So no way to change the primary address for current profile even if I don't even live in my country of registration for years?

How professional it is. Enough for me, my account have been first banned a decade ago for no apparent reason and no notice whatsoever, with no response from support, and now when I find it unbanned, it's still useless.

I guess I'm done with ebay, you gotta be happy with the rest of your millions of customers who don't yet know how "dearly" you care about them. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

2 yr Old Zombie thread from 2022 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply