cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Lithographs Artist?

Can anyone assist in identifying the artist of these two color lithographs done in 1900 and 1910.

Thank you.

20230410_180526.jpg20230410_180544.jpg20230410_180606.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Color Lithographs Artist?

I can tell you that the second one is The Siege of Saragossa, by Jules Giradet.   A.L. Sharr or Sharn or whatever is the lithographer or publisher, not the artist. 

-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Your question regarding the second print was answered by me and others in December 1922.   As a reminder....here is the link.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/1900-Lithograph/td-p/33437568

Rita

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@melda58 wrote:

Your question regarding the second print was answered by me and others in December 1922.   As a reminder....here is the link.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/1900-Lithograph/td-p/33437568

Rita

@melda58 

That is hilarious.  As I typed, I wondered why in the world I recognized it immediately, offhand, when paintings of events of the Peninsular War are hardly my thing.  But, "Oh, I've seen that one somewhere and know it," said I to myself.  😄

--

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes I thought the same!  

Rita

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you Maxine.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You're welcome.  The original identification was not mine, though.  It simply lodged in my brain and surfaced when I saw the litho again.  🙂

Since the second one is a scene from the Peninsular War, maybe the first one is, too.  Maybe do a general Google image search on various phrases such as  "famous paintings Peninsular War" and "Peninsular War artists" and "art of Peninsular War" and so on, you get the idea, to see if your image comes up.  Maybe worth a shot.

-

Message 7 of 7
latest reply