cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

How do I speak to someone real? Having trouble with a ghosting seller, and there’s no obvious way to contact anyone. I’ve already done all the online help and automated call. I need to talk to a real person. I received a broken CRT monitor in the mail. Reached out to the seller, who reached out to the post office. Seller said they were getting their refund back, and the post office said to take it from there with the seller. Seller ghosted, and I’m out $170.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Help

If you are within 30 days from the delivery date, open a return case. You don't need to talk to eBay to do this. 

Go to your eBay Purchase History and open a return case.
Find the item in your Purchase History and press the big, blue 'Return this item' button. Select "Item is Not as Described" as the reason for the return.

If it requires you to upload a photo to the return case you will need to do that.

Seller will be required to provide a prepaid shipping label IF they want the item back before refunding. Send the item back with the prepaid return label.

When the return tracking shows delivered back to the seller, the seller will have 2 days to inspect and refund your purchase. If that does not happen, on day 3 there will be an "Ask eBay to Step In", option for you to click on. EBay will refund your money.

If seller does not send a return label within 3 days and the "Ask eBay To Step In" option is not available, you may have to contact eBay. If you need help, come back here with details and dates of what has transpired. Or just contact eBay thru Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/
Using the instant messaging and explain that the seller has not provided a return label.

Under NO circumstances do you close the return before getting your refund, REGARDLESS of what the seller might tell you.

Come back here with any or all questions you might have throughout this process.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 2
latest reply