cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute a refund

I had been discussing a refund with a seller, they received the money from the post office, and still hasn’t given me the refunded money a month later. I tried messaging them last month and recently, but to no response. I tried opening a return case today, and they rejected it. What can I do? I’m out $170.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How to dispute a refund

What do you mean, they received the money from the PO?

Did you not receive an item?

Did you return an item?

If it's been longer then 30 days, Ebay won't be any help.

Open a case with Pay Pal or contact your credit card.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

How to dispute a refund

Sounds like insurance claim for an  INR or Damage situation, but clearly buyer never opened an actual case.

@cochen4 

Come back and give more details please. Seller filed an isurance claim with PO and it was paid out? Item was lost? Item was Damaged?

You'll likely need to file a chargeback with your payment institution accordingly.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

How to dispute a refund

They received the money from the post office due to the item arriving damaged/broken. I received the monitor, but it was smashed in. It’s been more than 30 days, but they received the refund from the post office (that they were supposed to, and stated that they were going to deliver to me) last month, within the period if that makes any difference.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How to dispute a refund

They stated they received the payment for the damaged monitor from the post office, and said they would be sending me my refund. Never did. The item had arrived,  if it was broken without any way to fix it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

How to dispute a refund

The right thing to have done in this case would have been to open a formal case with eBay. The seller was supposed to refund you first and then wait for insurance to reimburse themselves. The formal case with eBay wouldve forced the refund and not let the seller delay, delay and delay more.

Your recourse is to file a chargeback with payment institution (paypal or credit card or whatever you used to pay)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply