cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minerva 515W radio

Greetings, I got a nice Minerva 515W radio at an estate sale. Not currently working but cosmetically very nice. Do you have a rough idea of its value? I can't find any sales of one online but my skills are not the best.

Thanks for any information you might have.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Minerva 515W radio

@thingsinherited,

You do not need to be a computer wiz to look up items online. You can do a Google search for Minerva Radios, some results have links in them for dedicated sites for vintage radios links in them. You can do  another search for Minerva 515W radio to find your radio which was made for many years.  You may have to copy and paste some of the info from foreign links to a translation site to get info about it.

FYI, you should never plug vintage tube type radios into an outlet directly. Most were made in an era when the voltage from outlets was 110-115 volts. Today's outlets deliver between 120-125 volts which can burn out old tubes and in some cases can melt a radio's plastic case if they are left on for too long.   There are sites that can tell you how to use an older Lionel train transformer to adjust voltage output for older electronic devices.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Minerva 515W radio

I charge $400 per appraisal. Contact me.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Minerva 515W radio

A quick Google search pulled up quite a bit of info. Brush up on your German.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply