cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach Bonnie Cashin handbags

How do I authenticate whether these are real Coach/Bonnie Cashin from the 60’s? I’ve seen several online that are similar but most have the striped lining. They are from a collection from an old (deceased) fashionista friend. 
Both are heavy leather and have the wear -and-tear of

IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

IMG_3828.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3831.jpeg

a 60 yr old purse!

the brown leather has the coach label while the red only has the Bonnie Cashin label. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not a BC expert, but I don't see any problems with either bag. Whether they're Bonnie Cashin or Cashin or Coach, I don't know.

Note that Bonnie Cashin made bags with her own label but she also made bags, clothing, accessories and styles for other companies, including Coach, Meyers and Ballantyne of Peebles. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Both are authentic double kisslock purses. One is by Bonnie Cashin and the other is influenced by Bonnie Cashin by Coach.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

the Bonnie Cashin was called a 'Double Header'. double header was made between 67-70.
That cotton lining in it indicates it’s from around 1967/68
The lining (that plain light color) is referred to as “natural” and is Italian spun cotton

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Is there any type of company that would give an official authentication  letter? My biggest concern is representing it incorrectly. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ty so much! I’m happy they are real and appreciate you looking at them. Do you know if there is a company that would provide something official for selling purposes? 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply