cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller CLEARLY violating eBay’s own policies and is apparently immune to the rules…

This is getting ridiculous at this point. This seller is in violation of eBay’s own printed policy and has been for years. They are selling perfume and cologne decants, or hand made samples of fragrance. It’s all that they sell. Can’t do that. eBay changed the rules on this years back. It states right in eBay’s own policies printed in black and white that perfumes and colognes must come in their original containers. That means no hand made samples whatsoever. I have reported this person so many times and NOTHING ever gets done about it. Why?! Why is it that this person can sell perfume and cologne decants but I’m not allowed to? Why is it that I’ve reported this person numerous times and their store is still up and running like usual. Why is it that eBay is turning a blind eye on this person and that the rules don’t apply to them? Please, I would just love to hear other peoples opinions on this. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Seller CLEARLY violating eBay’s own policies and is apparently immune to the rules…

How are you reporting them?

On a listing report it using:

Prohibited and Restricted items

Other Prohibited and Restricted items

Cosmetics

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Many marketplaces ignore reports by sellers on sellers.

The reasons should be obvious. Sellers are not to be trusted. 👺

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I’ve reported them every which way to Sunday, even by calling many times and reporting them to supervisors who I could hear over the phone typing on their computers. Of course they were probably typing nothing and just making the keyboard sounds. Nothing ever happens. This really blows my mind how eBay is straight up just ignoring that this person is in violation of their own policies, even after numerous reports. For real, I want some answers to this because this is not fair that eBay’s own rules do not apply to certain individuals.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@smellies wrote:

It states right in eBay’s own policies printed in black and white that perfumes and colognes must come in their original containers. That means no hand made samples whatsoever. 

Perhaps your reports aren't getting action because the seller isn't violating the policy. (Disclaimer: I don't know what "government regulations" are for handmade cosmetics but maybe the seller's homemade items do comply.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 4.48.39 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What is the policy?

• Listings for used cosmetics, sponges, or applicators are not allowed. This includes products such as skin moisturizers, sunscreens, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail polishes, eye and facial makeup preparations, shampoos, permanent waves, hair colors, toothpastes, and deodorants
  • Used cosmetic brushes can be sold but must be thoroughly cleaned
  • Cosmetics, colognes, perfumes, and lotions must come in the original container
  • Homemade cosmetics must comply with government regulations

Please read the 3rd policy listed. 

Cosmetics, colognes, perfumes, and lotions must come in their original container.

This means NO hand decanted samples which is all that the person I’ve been reporting sells. Why is that that no one can understand this? It’s printed right there.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@smellies 

If there is a VeRO involved, you could try going through ‘The Brand’ and reporting it. 
eBay is more likely to take action when a VeRO member brings it up. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I haven’t the slightest clue what a VeRO is. If you would be so kind to enlighten me please. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply