Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

name and address of seller for for small claims court

ma225688 seller name and address

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I read the feedback you left for that seller, for the purchase on Jan 23, 2024.

If you didn't receive the item, then you should file an Item Not Received case on eBay. Unless the seller can prove it was delivered to the address you provided, then you would get a full refund from eBay. You have up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date to open the case. Did you try that, and if so, what happened?

If that doesn't work for some reason, then the best thing to do is a PayPal dispute (if you used PayPal) or a chargeback with your credit card. These options are much easier, and probably a lot faster, than small claims court.

This forum is for eBay members, so no-one here can give you the seller's name or address. They are a new seller, with no experience on eBay before they listed this item. From the description, and the payment methods they requested, they thought the item would be sold for local pickup, which obviously did not  happen.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@betauser2 

Are you actually planning to go to Small Claims Court over $86.74?

You do realize that that claim must be made in the state in which the seller is located -- right?

And that the cost of transportation back and forth from where you live to that courtroom (plus overnight accommodations and meals) will easily exceed $86.74 -- right?

Why not just open an "item not received" claim against the seller, and get your $86.74  back that way?

Right.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I tried that, but ebay will not help me.  Thank you for your advice.  The seller will not respond to any of my emails. Would you know how I can obtain the seller's name and address, or a way to compel him to answer my e-mails?  The seller is ma225688.   Ebay will not give me this information and their Customer Service is best described by language I do not use. betauser2

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You could have opened an Item Not Received case within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date and got a refund.

If you paid through Pay Pal, open a case with them or contact your funding source.

The seller was new and you can tell they had no idea what they were doing when they listed the item.

They had shipping through USPS, which should have told you something was wrong.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Small claims court can be very useful. You need not have a lawyer. Any fees are low. BUT many defendants ignore your action. If they do, you will win a default judgement. They might ignore that as well, and the costs of collecting that judgement can well exceed the amount you have lost, and your costs to win the judgement,

Far worse is the amount of time and energy you will divert from other activities and the effects on your mental outlook.

Follow all other paths, and then think very hard as to whether it is best to put this behind you.

It would be useful to learn from this experience, since you have paid for the lesson. You have already been told of the process Ebay uses for the moneyback guarantee and its time limits.

You should be aware of what there is about that listing which should have kept you from buying. The shipping charge is far too low to ship that table.  The seller could have had good intentions right up to the point he/she figured out there is no way to ship it for the price and shipping charge you paid.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your advice. You are right.

betauser2

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Is there a reason that you would not just utilize eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers?

It costs you absolutely nothing plus you don't have to travel anywhere or try to obtain any addresses.

Did not receive your purchase? You have 30 days to open an INR case with eBay.

Let that deadline elapse? Open case with Paypal if that's how you paid.  Or do a chargeback on your credit card.  See how much less work and expense it is to do it that way? 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply