cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messages on APP on item I ONLY viewed NEVER SAVED

I is constantly annoyed by prompts alerts whatever  they is called on my phone.   I look at an item, NOT saved in watch list and boom !!!!!!!!!!!!!   some annoying offer.   I look at a racket, ain't even described correctly.  It listed as a 110 but a 98 sq in frame and BOOM offer from seller!!!!!!!!!!   I does not really want to delete the APP.  On occasions I use it.  Guessing this an UNDERHANDED ploy to stimulate business and make more sales for FEEBAY?????????   and NUTIN I can do short delete APP???????????

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay allows sellers to send offers to users that added an item to a watch list, added an item to a cart, or viewed an item more than once. Sellers do not know why a certain user is eligible to receive offers, just that an offer can be sent.

Users can opt out of receiving offers entirely, but cannot pick and choose which sorts of offers to receive. It is all or nothing.

Deleting the app will not affect receiving offers, though it may affect your notifications.

Offers are enabled via the Communication Preferences.

https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for info    That more than once explains why I received some of the offers.  Clown has racket mislabeled and I have viewed it more than once.    Yeah few times I have WATCHED item then taken they offer

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Don't even have to look at a listing more then once, just one time and I get offers.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Don't even have to look at a listing more then once, just one time and I get offers.

I suppose that is possible; but I look at a lot of listings only once and get relatively few offers.

I believe that "viewed multiple times" was the specific phrase mentioned on the old offers-to-buyers page, though I checked recently and that language no longer appears at all, so perhaps eBay has changed things.

When I did get offers for items I had not added to a Watch List or cart, I just assumed that reloading the page, or navigating away and back counted as "multiple views".

Message 5 of 5
latest reply