cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer bid a very high price and cancelled it, what can I do?

I want to report the buyer but I get the message

A cancellation already exists
You cannot cancel this order because a cancellation exists on this order.You cannot cancel this order because a cancellation exists on this order.

What are my possible options?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@99poppy 

Here's what the buyer could do. >> How buyers can cancel an order | eBay

Do you need to respond to something in your messaging, instead of trying to cancel through Seller Hub? I only ask because it reads as if there's something already opened awaiting your reaction. I think... 🤔

ETA: Here's another link. Scroll down to 'Actions & time frames for order cancellations'. >> Order cancellation policy | eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Not sure how the buyer was able to cancel.... are you saying the buyer won the auction and then cancelled?

They couldn't do that, as only a seller can cancel a transaction.. even a bid retraction has pretty strict parameters.  Or is the buyer just refusing to pay.   The message you're receiving sounds like a glitch if you didn't cancel. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@99poppy 

Here's what the buyer could do. >> How buyers can cancel an order | eBay

Do you need to respond to something in your messaging, instead of trying to cancel through Seller Hub? I only ask because it reads as if there's something already opened awaiting your reaction. I think... 🤔

ETA: Here's another link. Scroll down to 'Actions & time frames for order cancellations'. >> Order cancellation policy | eBay

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

After winning, buyer wanted to cancel and I declined

This was the message in the email:
You declined the cancellation and it is now closed

And now I cant report or do anything?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@99poppy wrote:

After winning, buyer wanted to cancel and I declined

This was the message in the email:
You declined the cancellation and it is now closed

And now I cant report or do anything?

@99poppy 

Since the cancellation was declined and the cancellation is now closed, you'd better ship the Order if it's been paid for. 🙌

Edit to add: Is the Order in your Seller Hub/Orders/Awaiting shipment? Because if it's still under Seller Hub/Orders/Awaiting payment... you can cancel the order for non-payment after 96 hours from the auction's end.

Have you been paid? I'd not recommend shipping at all until then. And I'd not worry about reporting, either.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

If the buyer cancelled within an hour of purchase using the Cancellation button, there is nothing you can do and you can not cancel for non payment.

Why on earth would you refuse to cancel an item you had not sent?

I would much rather cancel than be faced with a false INAD claim and having to pay return postage.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thank you @mtgraves7984 

I have not been paid for the item, and I cannot cancel for non-payment

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Thank you @downunder-61 

I will follow your advice

The only reason was that the price that person bid is very good but I think I better not face with any more issue. Thank you once again.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@99poppy wrote:

Thank you @mtgraves7984 

@99poppy 

You'll be able to cancel for non-payment when (at least) 96 hours and one second have passed. That is the one move you can make that will help the most sellers at once. Don't send an invoice... just cancel. Good luck.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@99poppy wrote:

Thank you @mtgraves7984 

@99poppy 

You'll be able to cancel for non-payment when (at least) 96 hours and one second have passed. That is the one move you can make that will help the most sellers at once. Don't send an invoice... just cancel. Good luck.

Can they still cancel for nonpayment after they have already denied the buyers cancellation request?

Have a great day
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

You have to wait at least 96 hours to be paid before you can cancel.

It would be to your advantage to do a little more reading about a seller's options in various situations.  

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@99poppy wrote:

Thank you @mtgraves7984 

@99poppy 

Can they still cancel for nonpayment after they have already denied the buyers cancellation request?

Good question that I've never seen asked. You know, I surely think  a seller can do that. Hmmm... 🤔

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@99poppy wrote:

Thank you @mtgraves7984 

@99poppy 

Good question that I've never seen asked. You know, I surely think  a seller can do that. Hmmm... 🤔

There's been a few post where the seller wouldn't cancel an order when the buyer requested and then they couldn't cancel for nonpayment.

I don't know?

Have a great day
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

This is the situation I am facing, so guess will have to let the item remain there as now I cant also find a way to cancel it.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

That IS interesting because:

If the buyer requests to cancel and the seller grants  his request, there is no damage t the buyer's account or  eBay reputation.

If, however, the seller cancels because the buyer did not pay, then the buyer has a "strike".

Message 15 of 17
latest reply