cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting Payment

Hello!

I'm a bit new to selling on eBay. The managed payments system still aggravates me! Maybe this is something I'm just forgetting, but I had someone buy an item from me almost 24 hrs ago. Do I wait until the buyer pays, or  get started on the shipping label ship the item within three days as usual? I sent an invoice to remind them right away. Thank you!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Awaiting Payment

You always wait until the buyer pays - eBay will advise Buyer Paid you may now ship the item.

Never send before you get that message

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hello,

WAIT until the buyer pays and eBay says "awaiting shipment"

If they never pay, on day 5 cancel the purchase to get your fees refunded..

Good Luck

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@ladyjade77 wrote:

Hello!

I'm a bit new to selling on eBay. The managed payments system still aggravates me! Maybe this is something I'm just forgetting, but I had someone buy an item from me almost 24 hrs ago. Do I wait until the buyer pays, or  get started on the shipping label ship the item within three days as usual? I sent an invoice to remind them right away. Thank you!

@ladyjade77   Wait until the buyer pays before shipping anything.  Your handling period starts when the buyer actually pays, not when they 'purchase' the item.  When their payment is authorized by their payment source, it will drop into your pending payments and you can use those to ship.

Also, eBay already sends invoices so it's not necessary to duplicate that. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You go to your Orders and see if eBay says it's okay to ship. If the buyer has not paid, you don't ship, and eBay will tell you that.  Wait until eBay says it's OK, then worry about the label.  There's always a chance the buyer won't pay.

@ladyjade77 

All good replies.  Just understand that "buyer paying", and you seeing the $$ in your checking account are 2 different things.

eBay confirms payment.

Shows in your "orders" that the payment is "processing", and when it is expected to be done processing.

Next "business day" after "processing" the remaining $$ (after eBay fees, and shipping if paid via pending) are in a "Payout" to you. May be 1-4 days for your financial institution to post those $$. (mine is next business day)  I do "weekly" payouts.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Alright,  thanks everyone!  It was a "Best Offer" fixed priced type listing. I accepted the offer pretty late last night, so it's possible that they just haven't been on ebay today to see everything. I'll  send another reminder. Haha, I'm just an anxious person. Thank you!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

3 payment reminders in less than 24 hours !!!!!!!  That should make them happy. Maybe when they get home from work they will take care of it.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@ladyjade77 wrote:

Alright,  thanks everyone!  It was a "Best Offer" fixed priced type listing. I accepted the offer pretty late last night, so it's possible that they just haven't been on ebay today to see everything. I'll  send another reminder. Haha, I'm just an anxious person. Thank you!

I wouldn't do that if I were you - I know you're anxious about the sale, but it's not good CS to pester your buyer - they'll have reminders enough, believe me!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Huh? No... there was just the ebay invoice. Mine wasn't sent.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Okay,  no everyone, I didn't pester anyone.  The invoice i thought I'd sent didn't go out. I know that's not a good idea.  I sent a note last night. That's it. Haven't heard anything from the buyer. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I understand the difference there. Thank you!   Yeah, the item is still sitting there in the  Awaiting Payments" section.  This is the first time this has happened to me. My buyers so far have paid either immediately, or pretty soon after their offer is accepted. 

I'm really sorry if some people think that my  greeting that I send to buyers is considered  to be *pestering*.  It's nothing more than a note saying "Congrats on winning your item. I'll be sending it out in the morning. Thank you!" This one was a bit different so I just said" I'll be sending it out as soon as we're all set here." That was it. One message.

Anyway, I'm afraid I've offended someone somehow, so I'll just wait it out for two more days... 😞

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi. I just started selling as you and I googled about it and it says that we need to ship after the buyers payment. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply