cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We Sellers Demand a Faster FREE Payout System!

We Sellers Demand a Faster FREE Payout System!

I'm tired of missing opportunities to buy inventory because my funds are held up in the "slow" eBay system! Paypal had a free one day payout system, as well as a fee based "instant" payout (which eBay now has). We demand a similar "FREE" payout system!

I say demand, because it is a desperate situation! With margins tighter, we need access to funds faster, AND we shouldn't have to pay for our own funds!

Under Paypal, many was the time when I found out about an opportunity to get inventory 3 or 4 days before the event. I would bust my rear end the next day listing stuff, 2 days later some items would sell, that same day I would do a one day transfer, and then have the funds the day of the event!

Now, when the same situations happen, I "might" have some funds 5 or 6 days later, so I miss the buying opportunity!

In this year alone, this has probably cost me $15,000 to $20,000, just because I can't get access to "MY OWN MONEY"!

eBay, this needs to change, or you will lose good sellers! They won't leave because they want to, they will leave because they HAVE to!

Thanks for listening and God bless!    

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: We Sellers Demand a Faster FREE Payout System!

eBay is not here.

This is all buyers and sellers like yourself.

Don't include me in your "we" demands -

I get paid in plenty of time and have no issue accessing money.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Your funds can only reach your bank as fast as YOUR bank processes it. 
Your buyers payment can only be available as fast as THEIR bank clears the payment. 
Paypal fronted the funds sent to you, Adyen doesn’t front funds. 
I don’t know about how your payouts are set up, I get mine sent to my bank every day for free. 
Don’t include me your your “We” rant…I have no problems with how my payouts are handled.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

So tired of people beating that dead horse PayPal. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Can't you put some money aside so you'll have it when those great deals come along?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Ebay sends my funds within a day, and I receive them the next day.

Apparently, they trust me more than they trust you.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Personal or business account? My personal account sends the money before I ship the item. My business account can take 4-5 days!

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Are you talking about a personal or business account? My personal account sends the money before I ship the item. My business account can take 4-5 days!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

eBay "Instant Payouts" are rather quick....like the next day after 9PM. And the fee seems rather small in my opinion.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Living hand to mouth is a poor "business model" no matter the size of the account. 

A no fee instant payment is very unlikely to happen on eBay.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

And now you see why we'll never have a payout system any better (or equal) to the one that PayPal offered.
Paypal could afford to use that vast pool of money they collected and instantly payout their "verified" users. And then recoup that money a day or two later when the funds were sent from whatever financial institution the buyer was using.
Poor old eBay and Ayden can't afford to offer this streamlined service, even though our rates are even higher than they were when PP and eBay were joined at the hip.
Laughable, isn't it.
And trying to state these facts on a page full of eBay sycophants & cheerleaders is pointless.
They'll argue that less service under eBay's crappy Managed Payments is just as "good" as PayPal used to offer. 
It's not.
And most of us know this.
But you can avail yourself of eBay's money grubbing "instant payments" for a paltry added 1.9% on top of the 13.3% they've already extracted from your sales.
Now, instead of the 12.9% you used to pay for instant access to your funds under PP/eBay you can now get your funds for 15.2%. Gee!!
Another eBay "improvement". Sneer.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Living hand to mouth is a poor "business model" no matter the size of the account. 

Not to mention that most actual businesses run on 30-day invoices. My friend owns a store. When he gets a shipment of inventory from a distributor, the invoice he gets with it gives him 30 days in which to pay for said shipment.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

No they don't.
We're all "members" of Managed Payments and we all know how it works.
I sold 2 items on Wednesday. 
No $$.
And on Thursday?
No $$.
It says right under my "payments" that the next scheduled payout is Friday.
And my payouts are scheduled for every day.
So either you're gaslighting, not paying attention, or you've signed up for instant payments.
Which one is it??

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I agree so deeply, today EBay wasted over 5 hours of my time and did nothing but lie to me all day about when I would receive my refund for the shoes I sold but they couldn’t authenticate these shoes cause there was no visible size label because they were samples which are size 9.0 always but only say samples in tongue. The fact that they didn’t just put them on a shoe measurement to make sure my info was correct. But no they sent them back to me but somehow they got sent to the wrong person who kindly sent them back. Now Authentication had the shoes again but because they used up my only free shipping label I was given. Now I had to buy a label and email it to them to get my shoes back. I made sure I was going to not do anything that could mess this up. I had the lady at UPS read the email from you EBay and did exactly everything I was told to do. Called later that day to make sure it was delivered and received. So a week goes on and I check the tracking # and it shows nothing was sent. So I call again to try to see what is going on and why that hadn’t been scanned to ship. Yet again I was told oh no problem they were there and for some reason had not be shipped yet but that it was going to that day. I was told multiple times by multiple service agents that they would take for concern over my issue and that they would do everything to handle it and fix the problem. This problem ended up going on for over two months, and I never received the shoes, I wasted probably a good 20 hours of my time trying to call and talk to eBay. I was lied to day after day and told I was gonna have this issue fixed and I would be refunded for $300 but I have yet to be refunded the $300. I never received my shoes and I have had my funds processing and cannot touch my funds yet they could drag this on for months with me basically jeopardizing my job costing me thousands of dollars and hours of my time my time is valuable and they wasted it with no concern and absolutely no concern. This is $1 billion company and they couldn’t even just be kind enough to fix the problem that they themselves created . I do my best to survive in life and I need all of my finances that I earned and yet these shoes are $1500 shoes sample shoes that are incredibly limited but basically I’ve been for the most part **bleep**ed around by eBay for and two months about this as you and  then lied to constantly told I was gonna have my funds in there today. Nothing yesterday nothing just lied to you is unbelievable I can’t believe how ridiculous eBay is and how it’s so difficult to just contact the people you need to contact. I’ve literally wasted so much of my life on this issue and I’m never been so angry and upset with a fortune 500 company like eBay. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@joliztoyco wrote:

No they don't.
We're all "members" of Managed Payments and we all know how it works.
I sold 2 items on Wednesday. 
No $$.
And on Thursday?
No $$.
It says right under my "payments" that the next scheduled payout is Friday.
And my payouts are scheduled for every day.
So either you're gaslighting, not paying attention, or you've signed up for instant payments.
Which one is it??

I get paid out weekly on Tuesdays. My payout is typically processed in the wee hours on Tuesday morning. My last payout was 11/14/23 at ~ 1:00 AM PST.

My bank account has it registered as being received on Wednesday 11/15/23. Last time I checked that's next day.

Looks like at least the past two months my bank account shows payouts received every Wednesday... Might it be my finanncial institution (Chase), might they be fronting me the money as the funds actually "process"? I know they do front money in some circumstances. Either way, I have several thousand in additional available funds every Wednesday in my bank account, that were sent on Tuesday, and I'm not waiting multiple days for it.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply