cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay email notifications delay and/or out of sync

Over the last month ebay notifications are coming in late or are just never received.  The emails that do come in later are typically out of sync.  For example, had an issue on where no email notifications came in on 5 offers received.  I went into my ebay app (both pc and phone)  and saw there were offers pending so I had responded to each one and I received 3 notifications of the counters later in the day that were sent but did not receive the other 2 until the evening.   Typically these notifications are received within a couple of minutes of countering.  Same issue with accepting offers as I will receive these messages later in the day that an item has been sold and/or paid for.  While I can access all of my information via the ebay app, receiving the notifications in a timely fashion allows me to get back to my customers right away and provide excellent customer service.  

This is still happening on a daily basis and can no longer rely on the email notifications and have to check the ebay app for any new offers/sales.  It does appear all notifications eventually are received but are coming in about 6 to 12 hours after any action is taken. 

I know this isn't an internal email or browser issue as may others have reported the same problem.  My expectation is that ebay technical services is looking into this but have yet to see any reports from ebay claiming this is an issue.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I never depend on notifications like the bell, emails or the sounds from the app. Most of the time they are unreliable or don't work at all. I haven't received an eMail regarding a sale in years. 

I frequently check my Seller hub for messages, sales and offers and never missed anything. 
I never use the app to conduct eBay business I always use my laptop or desktop computers.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

then they should simply remove those notification options (bell, emails, sounds).

many come to depend on them because they are there & have been there for years.

if they are unreliable (broken) most of the time... they shouldn't be there at all.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply