cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBay consistently down for anyone else?

For the past few months as I am listing- eBay just shuts down. I get the "We Looked Everywhere" page and the "Where's all the stuff" page almost every time I am trying to upload a bunch of stuff. I then have to wait 10-20 min for it to come back, very frustrating when you are trying to work. Is this why sales are down? your webpage is just always buggy? It is so frustrating. It happened just a few min ago, last night, the day before that.. and it goes on and on. Anyone else notice this?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I wish I had a helpful answer but I am just responding as one of many who experience this several times a day, every day for the last 6 months at least. You are not alone. I have read about some who have been enduring this for years. It's insane that a company this big cannot address this major issue. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can check if eBay is actually down by using a site like downdetector.

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

If you are unable to reach eBay, but others are not experiencing the same problem, most likely there is a bad link or a network issue somewhere between you and eBay, and not necessarily a problem with eBay itself.

If you are using a VPN, try disabling it. Try reaching eBay using an alternative device or an alternative network -- such as using the eBay app on your phone when not connected to your usual WiFi -- to see if you are able to reach eBay that way.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Nope- I don't think this is it at all. Here I am again, been working and uploading over 20 items today, everything has been fine- then boom- "We looked everywhere Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages" 

WHY?

Then when I go to upload that one thing, it deletes all my work. I'll go to redo it, and then boom, it crashes again. Seems to happen the most between 3-6PM MST. SO FRUSTRATING. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Not sure what problem you are experiencing, but the problem is not that eBay is "down", because it is not. That is not to say that a particular page or feature might not be having a problem at any given time.

Not sure if other sellers are having problems listing around those times. You may want to ask on the Selling board to hear from other sellers to see what others are experiencing, or if they have any suggestions for avoiding such problems.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yep, happens daily multiple times a day, my most recent i was putting together a 27 item order and poof! gone......i hate EBAY and after this transaction im shutting down my account not to mention they randomly charge me 13.5% to over 20% on sales.. i am done getting ripped off for crap service and God forbid you need to contact them for anything, foget it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply