cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listings not showing up and search engine broken.

I listed a dozen or more items over 8 hours ago and none have shown up when searching.  Chatted with eBay CS and he confirmed that they are not showing up when performing any type of search, even category-specific.  In addition, I have noticed that when searching under specific wording such as "California gold", many other coins show up in that search that have no wording whatsoever that could match. These bogus search items are in a different category and have always been. They do not have TWO cats shown in their listings. This started a couple of days ago. So presently, anything I list is not being found in any word or category-specific search. This also could be attributed to malus by an eBay employee that I bumped heads with the day before. She didn't like being proven wrong. This wouldn't be the first time I have confirmed this happening. Either way, how about breaking out a hammer and fixing these two problems?  This from a 24-year-old eBay seller and a 35-year-old retired IT Mgr of one of the largest corps in the world. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I listed a dozen or more items over 8 hours ago

New listings can take up to 24 hours from the last revision to be indexed and appear in search.

I have noticed that when searching under specific wording such as "California gold", many other coins show up in that search that have no wording whatsoever that could match.

Did you check the item-specifics? eBay considers keywords in the title and item-specifics (the box that appears at the top of the body of the item description) when determining whether something is a match. The keyword gold and the keyword California anywhere in the title or item-specifics could qualify a listing as a match. If you want the exact phrase in that specific order with no words in between, try searching with those two words in quotes, and then select the category you want to search.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have348 current listings.

"Malus"? Perhaps you meant "malice"? 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply