cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding Allstate protection to eBay item is broken ON THE EBAY SIDE

I purchased an item on eBay where I wanted to include Allstate extended warranty plan and make a best offer for the NEW  item.   Apparently you can add the Allstate extended warranty upto 30 days after your eBay purchase.   I found the link to add the warranty on the eBay support forum.   The URL is 

pages.ebay.com/services/hub.html

When I put in the item number for the purchase I wanted to add the warranty I got a "We looked everywhere." message.   I tried this on several other eBay items which had warranty plans and NONE of them worked. 

I have contacted eBay support and they said that they have nothing to do with this error.  It is an Allstate problem.   I called Allstate and they told me it is an eBay problem.     

I am almost certain that the trouble is an eBay problem which they are neglecting to fix after looking at the code for the web page.   Everything points to eBay javascript code.       I would like to purchase the extended warranty but I can not do so until eBay fixes this problem.    I have attached screen shots which capture the problem.    Hoping someone at eBay reads this and initiates a technical fix.   eBay_Add_Square_Trade.pngeBay_Item_not_found.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Might be related to the issues which purchasers of the Allstate/SquareTrade Warranties which have had successfully making claims on their Ebay purchases.

Search this forum.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You could try contacting support on Facebook or Twitter & you might be able to include the screenshots. They're actual eBay employees, not the contractors in another country who were quick to pass the buck on your problem already. 

Here's a comment in another post that has links. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Is-there-anything-I-can-do-about-this-So-disheartening/m-p/340...

I've read that they don't always answer back immediately, but I've also read that they are much more helpful than the outsourced "support" you already contacted.

Hope it helps!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@jw_meyer  - you're right - it doesn't seem to work on any Item #s.

When you contacted CS did they say they would open a tech ticket, or did they just push it off to Allstate?

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No eBay just pushed me to Allstate.   Then Allstate pushed me back to eBay.   Zero results.   I would think eBay would be more interested in fixing this problem since they probably get some compensation for having the Allstate warranty info on the eBay site.    I don't want to complain on Facebook, Twitter, and instagram to motivate them to fix their code but you sure can.   Kinda turns me off to eBay. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Do you know if there are any tickets open for this Allstate/Square Trade warranty issue?

I tried it with a couple Item#s and couldn't get it to work either from that link. Seems to only work if you add it through the listing before purchase, not after?

I think there was a problem at one time with "best offers" being accepted that somehow removed any warranty option - is that still the case or is this something different?

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ferncliff-39 wrote:

kyle@ebay 

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Do you know if there are any tickets open for this Allstate/Square Trade warranty issue?

I tried it with a couple Item#s and couldn't get it to work either from that link. Seems to only work if you add it through the listing before purchase, not after?

I think there was a problem at one time with "best offers" being accepted that somehow removed any warranty option - is that still the case or is this something different?

Hey @ferncliff-39 we have seen some reports like this over the past few months, and there was an alert opened, but the reports seemed to be pretty intermittent.  

@jw_meyer if you're still running into this issue at this time, I would recommend contacting our CS at your convenience, and have them add your account to Alert-15128

Kyle,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@jw_meyer wrote:

No eBay just pushed me to Allstate.   Then Allstate pushed me back to eBay.   Zero results.   I would think eBay would be more interested in fixing this problem since they probably get some compensation for having the Allstate warranty info on the eBay site.    I don't want to complain on Facebook, Twitter, and instagram to motivate them to fix their code but you sure can.   Kinda turns me off to eBay. 

I was not suggesting that you "complain" on social media when I suggested that you contact eBay SUPPORT on social media. 

There are actual eBay employees (not outsourced contractors) who can be contacted via private message on social media as explained in the link that I provided.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply