cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay System Status Still Showing BUYING Service Disruption since April 10

(originally posted 04/16 under BUYING but no responses from eBay; others suggested I post here.)

eBay System Status, Current System Status began showing service disruption to BUYING since April 10.

"We are actively working to resolve the issues related to service disruption on Buying. Please continue to visit this page for updates."

Still no updates as of April 20 = Ten days of Buying Service Disruption.

How many buyers does it need to affect before it shows on the System Status Board?
When does it become an 'outage'?

Thanks.

ebaySStatus1.JPGebaySStatus2.JPG

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Buying still disrupted, Day 11 ....

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It's a clown show right now with everything they have broken in the past 2 weeks. Buying is certainly still disrupted and apparently they keep breaking other stuff trying to fix it.

I'm guessing outage is only triggered when 100% of buying is down. As long as one server is running they are good to go... 😕

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

One of the eBay news sites reported that they will be back on Monday to work on the issue. 🙏👍🤝

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Two years, from server failures to offer issues. From vanishing pictures to wrong address. From customers cannot checkout to listings will not upload. I could go on all day with all the issues that I have reported on over the past two years that are always reoccurring. The worst part are the customers and money that has been lost forever. So may sellers had to find other avenues of income from going back to work outside of the home to cross listing on all the growing websites. The last two years have been the worst years in my 22 years selling full time on ebay.

The love I have for this site even with all the new negative feedback rules that are hugely unfair to sellers because it changed my life. If I could reset the entire company back three years I would hit that button without a second thought.

I hope there is a long game plan within the company and that it comes to an end very soon. I know that most sellers want the stability back and not this disaster it is going though for far too long.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Well said James!  I second that! 🍻

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Oh that’s just peachy. Right during one the big holiday stuff for Mother’s Day. Wondering why we have not kicked up more sales.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

And now to add to the "disruption", it appears as though eBay (not buyers or sellers) is canceling orders. Both sellers and buyers are left wondering what the heck is going on. 

eBay staff has been tagged in the thread below, so maybe we will get a response tomorrow.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sale-Cancelled-by-eBay-Due-to-a-quot-Systems-Issue-quot/m-p/34... 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for keeping tracking of this. I saw your original post and am very concerned. However I am baffled by the seeming lack of interest on this board about this issue. I would have expected this would have been the hot topic of discussion from your first post.   

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Buying still disrupted, Day 12 ....

Does anyone from eBay monitor this board?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@monkeystein wrote:

Buying still disrupted, Day 12 ....

Does anyone from eBay monitor this board?

As far as I know, aside from the pinned post at the top of this board, eBay staff does not monitor this board regularly.

We can tag eBay Community staff for help

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Are you able to provide any update on the buying disruption that has been showing on the System Status page since Apr 10th?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

kayomi@ebay
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @monkeystein, thanks for bringing this to our attention. The System Status board is now up to date.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply