cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We looked everywhere" and "Where's all the stuff?" when listing items for sale

I've been on Ebay for almost 25 years and this is a new one on me. 

When I'm listing things for sale quickly, I seem to run into some sort of spam/bot protection. I will suddenly get a message "We looked everywhere. Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages" with a link to go to the homepage. If I then click on the homepage, it brings me to another error, this one has a very basic Ebay interface with an error "Where's all the stuff? Our homepage is down, but the rest of eBay is fine. We'll have it back up in a moment". Any attempt to do anything from here will result in Error 1 or Error 2.

Now, obviously ebay isn't going down every time I try to post stuff for sale. I'm able to access ebay on my phone, other computers, etc.. This is clearly some sort of faulty protection system. As far as I can tell, it locks me out for about 10 minutes at a time. It's hard to gauge because if I try to do ANYTHING on ebay, it seems to reset this invisible counter - unbelievably infuriating.

Is there any way around this? I'm literally just entering items for sale by hand, using a desktop and Firefox browser (also tried Chrome, no difference). I usually only have a short amount of time to enter my listings, so being locked out for 10 minutes at a time is insane and pointless. If I have a lot of items to list, it will happen multiple times per session, sometimes doubling the length of time it takes me to enter my items for sale. 

There's got to be some sort of workaround for this, it makes the ebay selling experience awful and frustrating. I'm always trying to strategically time my clicks to avoid hitting some magic barrier. Stepping on eggshells, afraid to look at my Overview or Listings page in case I might incur the wrath of the Fake Error Messages. Even if it could tell me how long I'm locked out for, or how many more clicks I have until I trigger some protection - ANYTHING. Anything would be better than this current system.

This has been going on for 7 months now with no reply from Ebay at all. I have entered multiple tickets and there are pages of the people having the same problem in this thread (that was closed inexplicably): https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/quot-We-looked-everywhere-quot-and-quot-W...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm having the same issue as well. same error message. try to complete draft or listing and when you think you have finally figured it out, it loads and never saves.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This is getting really old... Same here... Cannot do anything!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Just came on here to post the same thing. It gets to the point I can't even list anything, which is inexcusable as I am paying for an eBay store that I can't even utilize properly.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Glad I'm not alone ... but sorry we're all having the same annoying frustrating issue. My band-aid temporary solution is to copy and paste my heading and description so when the listing fails to load at least I don't have

to do all of that work again. For whatever reason photos are saved but all other information is lost. I don't really want to try ebay "service" since my experiences with them have been choppy at best and questionable at worst. So rather than waste time and add to the nuisance of all this ... I'll try to wait it out and hope it  gets resolved once and for all. It's happened several times in the past many days. Best of luck to us !

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Same here. Can't list without things hanging. Then "Where's All the Stuff".  What is going on?

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Same issue in Michigan.  It's been going on for weeks. 

Only my computer with Windows 11 works when saving pictures. 

My other two with Windows 10 suffer more often.

Only on Ebay.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Does everyone that is having issues with this running Windows 10? I am convinced it is a security "upgrade" that ebay did to their servers that is causing all this. I have tried EVERYTHING known to remedy this....except upgrading to windows 11. What is interesting is that I can select a different city on my VPN every time I "save for later" or "list it" and it works.... but turning OFF the VPN totally does not.... So it is not the VPN, browser, internet provider....I have tried it all. It is something with Ebay and they need to get it figured out....I think we have all had enough of the "Orange Puffer Coat Pouter Boy"......

Message 8 of 8
latest reply