cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIS Returns

intlshipping@ebay 

Thank you for taking care of returns with the EIS Program, and making it clear you guys are taking care of things.

However, you seem to have gone very far where you don't show any information at all in regards to the return.

Information why it's being returned is important. Are they claiming damage during shipping ? Do they just not like the item? Are they claiming it's defective.

Knowing specific reasons help better address potential issues with inventory.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

EIS Returns

@robbie31415 

Once an item has been confirmed received by the eBay International Shipping (EIS) hub, it becomes the sole responsibility of eBay.  

There may be multiple reasons why a buyer might open a case against EIS; but those are problems for EIS -- and not the original seller.

From what has been shared on other threads regarding EIS cases, many items have been the subjects of "item not received" cases, while some "not as described" cases have been reported involving breakage and items switched at the EIS hub -- both of which are the responsibility of EIS, since EIS repackages items for shipment by other international shipping services.

These headaches belong to EIS -- not the seller.  

So "don't worry -- be happy."

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

EIS Returns

I'm not talking about responsibility though.

I just think they should let the seller know what the buyer put on the return instead of hiding all the information.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

EIS Returns

@robbie31415 

"I just think they should let the seller know what the buyer put on the return instead of hiding all the information."

I don't think that eBay is attempting to "hide" any information from sellers.

But it may simply be eBay's decision that eBay feels that it is no longer of any concern to the seller, after the item is confirmed received by EIS.

Or perhaps the attitude of eBay is  -- to put it rudely -- "none of your business."

Literally.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

EIS Returns

I think the less you know...the better for eBay.

Getting refunded...is a win.

It's just like customer service...and you have been here around the block a few times...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

EIS Returns

It is my business.

How do I monitor quality issues with my items and manufactures without knowing the reason for return.

I get it you don't care about it since you aren't refunding. I do, as I might need to make adjustments to my listing or consider pull a product from being active.

This is helpful information and if there is issues with my product I want to know.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

EIS Returns

Roger that, I see your point. I have pulled product listings from eBay before when I had multi-quantity listings and it was obvious that more returns could abound due to a quality issue with the product.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

EIS Returns

@robbie31415 

"I get it you don't care about it since you aren't refunding."

Wrong -- I do offer refunds, and have refunded several times (not many) over the past 13 years on eBay.

If there were problems with the items that you were shipping to EIS, there is a good likelihood that eBay would have sent them back to you -- as eBay has done with several items that have been reported by other sellers on other threads.

Although some of these items were apparently prohibited items, which could not be shipped overseas -- and they were confiscated by eBay -- without a clawback from the seller.

Some items were received by EIS, and reported as "broken during shipment" -- and (at least in the few cases reported on these boards) the seller was not penalized by eBay for poor shipping practices if the carrier was definitely found at fault -- and the seller was able to keep the payment.

Two of the items which I had shipped using EIS apparently were "lost in transit" after being shipped out by EIS.  I received emails from eBay regarding the buyers' INR cases; but eBay informed me that there would be no clawback -- that EIS was refunding the buyers.

A few EIS buyers have complained about receiving items which were entirely different from what they had ordered, and opened up NAD cases against eBay -- which sounds more like re-packaging errors by EIS employees, rather than an initial screw-up by a seller.

And some NAD cases which might be handled by EIS are probably being investigated far more strenuously than similar NAD cases that might be filed against common, run-of-the-mill eBay sellers here in the USA -- I suspect that eBay is not bowing over backwards so vigorously to settle NAD cases in the buyers' favor, when it's eBay's own employees doing the primary pre-shipment investigations and re-packaging.

The bottom line is simple:  If you are 100% confident that there is nothing wrong with any of your shipments being sent to EIS, then take a load off your shoulders -- and stop worrying.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: