cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an open package in the mail

Well this is a first for me.

I ordered 1000 CD/DVD labels from a seller that I always purchase from. Today I received the package opened with nothing inside. 
So I opened a return for missing parts and pieces since I am missing the entire order. 
I hope I opened the correct case. 
In hind sight I should have opened a Not as Described. UGh 😩 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

basically the same. you are just missing "all" the parts or pieces 😂

To me that seems to be a seller packaging error. Some clear tape is cheap.

Just look on the good side. At least you were aware enough not to waste the time involved with an INR 😁

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

basically the same. you are just missing "all" the parts or pieces 😂

To me that seems to be a seller packaging error. Some clear tape is cheap.

Just look on the good side. At least you were aware enough not to waste the time involved with an INR 😁

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I agree with Jack. 'Missing parts and pieces' is a NAD reason. And I guess it does happen to everyone... dang.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

You opened the correct type of request @ebooksdiva . Missing parts / pieces is a not as described claim.

returnreasons.png

Ordered by mistake, Don't like it, Changed my mind, Doesn't fit, Found a better price --> All remorse

Arrived damaged, Missing parts or pieces, Item is defective, Received wrong item, Doesn't match description or photos --> All SNAD (not as described)

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Thank you,

Right, I did receive something, an empty package.  INR wasn't even an appropriate choice 

I was torn between NAD and missing parts and pieces, the later being the best choice since I am missing something. 
Yeah poor packaging it did have 500 sheets of labels in a blue poly mailer tape job wasn't the greatest. So those labels obviously ripped through the packaging.

IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Yep, I learned all about the difference between remorse and NAD from all of you while posting and reading in this forum. 
@mtgraves7984 

Unfortunately yes it does.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Hard to tell, but those pics looks like it tore open along perforation?

Was it a mailer with one of those strips you pull to open?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I wish I had better light. I can't move around like I used to. Fractured my right ankle a week ago. 
It looks cut to me one clean slice along the tape line.

No there's no pull strip. Not even any adhesive just tape.  
IMG_1463.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Oh, I see. Being right along the tape line I can see how the perforation-like effect was created.

Wonder if someone sliced it or if it got caught on machinery. 🤷

Of course the PO did not put a damaged sticker on it. My PO is the same - they deliver stuff missing contents or damaged with none of those stickers they're supposed to put on.

You know the drill - save the packaging so you have something to return or to turn over to USPS if the seller files a damaged item claim. Hopefully the pics USPS takes during sorting will show the empty mailer and seller can get reimbursed.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Who knows, it could be man or machine. All I know is I spent money and have no product. Plus I used Pay in 4 through PayPal. I wonder how refunds work with that? I guess it works the same as a credit card. 

Yes, packaging going on my desk until I need it. 
There's no damage sticker or anything from the post office. My post office lacks on a lot of things.  

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Here's the info on Pay in 4 @ebooksdiva 

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-does-a-merchant-refund-work-for-my-pay-in-4-help652

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for the link.  

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

@mtgraves7984 

@buyselljack2016 

You know we tell buyers that if a seller doesn't respond to a return to go back to it in 3 days to ask eBay to step in? Well my case says I can do that on April 4th so it is actually 4 business days for that.... hmmm 🧐 

IMG_1465.jpeg

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I usually say "a few" days because I can never remember if it's 3 or 4. 😂

I'm pretty sure @iamalwaysright reported some issues with dates being off by a day, or displaying different dates in different places? Hang on, I will see if I can find it.

[Jeopardy music]

Found it: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Part-2/td-p/34291763

Do you see different dates on the return request and the email @ebooksdiva ?

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I didn't receive an eMail regarding the return or message the date I have is from the return.

It says April 4th to ask eBay to step in if the seller has not responded or if we didn't agree on a solution. 
That link you sent is what the seller sees, I'm the buyer in my return case. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: