cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported Broken Item 25 days after delivery

I mailed an item across country that was a terra cotta ceramic baking item.   The tracking showed delivered on Mar 19.  I assumed no issue since I was concerned about the far shipping.  On April 14 I got a request for return that the item arrived broken.  The photo was of the bubble wrap with a broken piece.  I can accept it arrived broken and I refunded even though it was 25 days later.   I still got a negative feedback with the simple "Item arrived broken".   Can I appeal the feedback since I fully refunded and it was 25 AFTER DELIVERY!!!!    I sent a note to the buyer asking to change the negative feedback because she was fully refunded within the day of my notice of request and  I also asked for photo of the shipping box so I could attempt to ask the USPS for a refund.  I received nothing from the buyer.  Any way to remove the feedback?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't think that feedback would be removed as there's no violation and indicates the buyer's unhappiness that they received a broken item. 

As for the claim, buyers have a 30-day MBG and their claim at 25 days was within the guaranteed timeframe. You did the right thing in issuing a refund.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Try the feedback removal tool > Feedback removal request you can find it by clicking Help & Contact at the top of any page. 

Click the feedback removal reason that says something like "case found in seller favor or similar verbiage."

You will receive a response either way with 10 minutes or so. 
IMG_1617.jpeg

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Try the feedback removal tool > Feedback removal request you can find it by clicking Help & Contact at the top of any page. 

Click the feedback removal reason that says something like "case found in seller favor or similar verbiage."

You will receive a response either way with 10 minutes or so. 

Why do you think that would work in this instance? The buyer's feedback states, "lid arrived broken" which is accurate, concise and without any reference to a case. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Buyers are allowed in most cases to return things up to 30 days on eBay, and on PayPal they get a full 180 days and most cards offer a long time period for chargebacks. Some buyers do not consider getting a refund as a pleasant transaction and will leave a negative.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: