cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help....I give up trying to get help from eBAY over seas customer service

Help....please. I purchased an item on Feb 12, 2024, seller said item shipped Feb 15. Package never arrived, so I reached out to Customer Service and requested a refund. They opened a case and contacted the seller. They advised I would need to wait a few days for reply. Few days later, I called back for an update, seller never replied so they said the would issue a refund. They advised it would take 3-5 days to process. 

On a side note, even after eBay customer service never received a reply from the seller regarding the item I purchased, the tracking information appears fake, the store is new, and only one item was listed at the time;  based on these facts, it's obvious the seller account is a fake. Yes, here we are, over 30 days later and the shop is still open with one item.  Clearly eBay is not interested in protecting buyers and the level of service and response is a strong indicator that you're on your own when it comes to shopping on eBay. 

Anyhow, I wait a week, no refund, I call again, speak to eBay customer service, they apologize and say they will get the refund taken care.  This happens two more time in which I call for a status on the refund and it hasn't been processed but will get it taken care of.  Fast forward, I call last week and they say my claim is denied.  I get on the phone with a supervisor, go round and round and they claim there is no documentation of a refund being processed, yet it sure seemed like she knew what i was talking about.  I ask how is it every time I called  customer service to check on the refund, they knew what I was talking about.  I then learned that all conversations with agents are recorded and they would have to go back and listen to all the calls.  My response, fantastic, you will hear everything we discussed and it will back up what I was told. Naturally, I have not received any communication through out this process and had to call each time.

I just called back today, couldn't get any information and was advised I needed to speak with a supervisor. I said okay and then I was disconnected. I have requested a call back, but can't get anyone who can help me or answer my questions. 

Can anyone put me in contact with a US based person to assist with my claim? Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

help....I give up trying to get help from eBAY over seas customer service

Try to contact them here... these will link you to Facebook and Twitter (X) but I'm not sure if they work. If they don't work maybe you can find the links to them that do; I've heard they can be helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/AskeBay

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: