cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browser notifications

Is there any way to set up browser notifications for sales on Ebay?  I know the old "cha-ching" app I liked is long gone..  but I'd like something to go on my screen to notify me instead of just emails.

Is there any way to do this?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

browser notifications

In addition to the advice that's been offered, you can set up on-screen notifications when new emails come in. Gmail has that feature, as does Outlook, as do other services. I have no idea if you can customize it to just eBay emails of it it's an all-or-nothing thing. It's something you can look into.

Windows PCs have something called "Desktop Alert" which I don't know much about as a Mac user, but maybe you can use it to customize email notifications.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

browser notifications

@bomar_97  

I get notifications of sales, offers, and messages on the bell next to the shopping cart at the top right of my browser screen. Unfortunately, there is no alert to go along with this. I just have to notice that there is a new number up there, which is not too hard to do. When I hover the bell, the nature of the notification is displayed.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

browser notifications

Thanks.  I was hoping for some sound or a notice flashing by my screen when I'm doing other stuff on the 'puter.  

I think they best thing they had was that extention that chimed when a sale was made .  I don't have a cell to keep on to get that kind of notice. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

browser notifications

The app is not long gone. I have it on my cell and tablet. I only use it for the register sound it makes.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

browser notifications

Ah.. never thought of it on my tablet..  it's an old one, but I can leave it plugged in during the day.

I'm not selling much,  but I'd like to "hear" the sale again!  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

browser notifications

In addition to the advice that's been offered, you can set up on-screen notifications when new emails come in. Gmail has that feature, as does Outlook, as do other services. I have no idea if you can customize it to just eBay emails of it it's an all-or-nothing thing. It's something you can look into.

Windows PCs have something called "Desktop Alert" which I don't know much about as a Mac user, but maybe you can use it to customize email notifications.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

browser notifications

Right.. I'll have to look into gmail.  I had gone in windows but didn't see anything that would work.  There must be something because I remember being annoyed with a lot of junk flashing by me when I set up my laptop!  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

browser notifications

I never hovered over the bell.. will have to check that out..   but my thing is, I don't have my Ebay page open while I'm doing my daily stuff online.   I used to like the audio because I used to be able to ship right away if the mail didn't get picked up yet.    

I have set up my phone and now leave it on (not that I use it for anything)..  and am patiently waiting to see how it works out.  I've had one sale go through since I set it up.. and I was outside working on firewood, so not near the phone to hear it. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

browser notifications

I set this up..  haven't seen it work yet.   Of course,  I have to remember to keep the email page open .. I'm not sure if it would work otherwise.    I don't sell a lot or often so have to wait it out. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply