cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help. ebay is threating to close my store for below average performance. is there some way?

please help. ebay is threating to close my store for below average performance. is there some way around this? i am a small book dealer and ebay sent message saying they can close my store for lack of sales. 

i've been seller for 15 years, 100% feedback. what can I do?

thanks for any help

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

please help. ebay is threating to close my store for below average performance. is there some way?

You need to get more sells to balance out your numbers.

Try lowering some prices, even if you have to loose some money on the transactions, anything to get your numbers up.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

eBay doesn't close "my store for lack of sales". "Below average performance"....must be something else going on which we haven't been told. Any defects in any areas?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Are you shipping items with tracking? 
Have you had INR claims filed by buyers? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

How long have you been below standard.

The only way to get above standard is to have more sells and figure out what caused you to drop below standard and stop that.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@dayoubooks 

Since you have had sales within the past month, it's difficult to understand why eBay is threatening to close your store.

What exactly did eBay say?  Please use the exact terminology, without paraphrasing.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I copied the letter to you . thank you for the help!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Here’s what you should know

Hi CHARLES,

We wanted to remind you that your performance has consistently fallen below our minimum standards in the United States. As a result, there’s now a risk that the selling limits will be lowered on your account, and in some cases, you may be permanently restricted from selling on eBay.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

You need to get more sells to balance out your numbers.

Try lowering some prices, even if you have to loose some money on the transactions, anything to get your numbers up.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@dayoubooks 

Lack of sales is not the issue. Please read these help pages to understand how seller performance is measured and what may have caused the problem (late shipping, lack of tracking, seller cancellations, buyer cases, unaddressed open cases):

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347   

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-performance-overview?id=4080   

Pay close attention to this page, which will point out what is measured and will provide guidance on how to improve your status.  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/monitoring-improving-seller-performance?id=4785  

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

thank you I'm placing all items with a best offer option.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard

Your answer is here.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for help, I'm starting by placing all items with best offer option to start and then I'll make more changes as I go along. I have to tell you, ebay is leaving me with smaller and smaller profit margines!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Very low rating for the amound of sales you made

Probably lack of description

speed of shipping 

Communication

This is your problem area. I have all high 9 and 1 100 percent. 

Accurate description
Reasonable shipping cost
Shipping speed
Communication
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Since many of your books are in Chinese,  I would suggest adding a description in Chinese to your listings.

I looks like your listings are mostly "Private". Normally this is used by sellers of embarrassing items . Since books on martial arts are generally not likely to make a nun blush, and many buyers will shun sellers whose listings are kept  private, I'd drop that.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply